Western Digital My Passport Pro
We post a lot of hard drives on this site, but usually, it’s more of the same. External storage in a compact package, sometimes faster, sometimes cheaper. Western Digital’s My Passport Pro ($300-$430) is a truly exciting new option though, for a number of reasons. It’s a dual-drive system, with up to 4TB of storage. It’s a Thunderbolt system, too, making it one of the least expensive drives to use the technology that we’ve ever seen.
Available in 2TB and 4TB configurations, My Passport Pro has two separate drives inside. It’s shipped in a RAID 0 configuration, so you can use all the space, but it can be set up with RAID 1 for data redundancy. The integrated Thunderbolt cable is all that’s needed for both data and power. This drive is the first in a long time to really have us excited; we hope it lives up to expectations. If it does, it’ll be a grand slam.
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- iFixit posts teardown of sixth-gen iPod touch
- Apple and GSMA in talks to adopt embedded SIM technology
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?