Western Digital My Passport Pro
We post a lot of hard drives on this site, but usually, it’s more of the same. External storage in a compact package, sometimes faster, sometimes cheaper. Western Digital’s My Passport Pro ($300-$430) is a truly exciting new option though, for a number of reasons. It’s a dual-drive system, with up to 4TB of storage. It’s a Thunderbolt system, too, making it one of the least expensive drives to use the technology that we’ve ever seen.
Available in 2TB and 4TB configurations, My Passport Pro has two separate drives inside. It’s shipped in a RAID 0 configuration, so you can use all the space, but it can be set up with RAID 1 for data redundancy. The integrated Thunderbolt cable is all that’s needed for both data and power. This drive is the first in a long time to really have us excited; we hope it lives up to expectations. If it does, it’ll be a grand slam.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today