Western Digital My Passport Ultra
It’s been a while since we’ve seen a totally new external hard drive from Western Digital, but lo and behold, here’s My Passport Ultra ($100-$130). Currently available in 500GB and 1TB versions—a 2TB version is slated for the third quarter of this year—this portable drive is perfect for tossing in your bag while traveling. And of course, it uses USB 3.0, so you can expect quick transfer speeds if you’re using a more recent Mac.
Beyond just holding your data locally, My Passport Ultra comes with the company’s WD SmartWare Pro backup software and Dropbox integration, enabling you to copy some of your files to the cloud, too. It’s always good to have an offsite copy of at least the most important stuff, and this makes it easy. Plus, it comes with a carrying pouch—what more can you ask for?
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?