Yantouch Black Diamond Lamp
Having gone through a fairly major feature evolution since it was originally conceived as an iPhone dock, Yantouch’s new Black Diamond Lamp ($29) has become a cool little decor item for Mac users: a color-shifting LED lamp that connects to your Mac’s USB port or a wall for power, offering a pass-through USB port to charge your iPod, iPhone, or iPad while it beautifies your room. Capable of shifting through 1,500 different colors or maintaining whichever single color you prefer, the Black Diamond Lamp looks similar to earlier Black Diamond designs, but it’s much more affordable, while preserving the same whimsy and lighting capabilities Yantouch is becoming known for.
The LEDs inside Black Diamond Lamp can be moved through three stages of brightness: while the new design now features integrated touch controls for powering itself on and off, you can also blow on its top-mounted hole (like a candle) to dim the lighting system. Two cables are included, one for connection to a self-provided USB power source such as a wall adapter or Mac USB port, while the other can be connected to a device for pass-through charging. If you want iOS device charging, you need to supply the Dock Connector cable yourself.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?