Yantouch Black Diamond Lamp
Having gone through a fairly major feature evolution since it was originally conceived as an iPhone dock, Yantouch’s new Black Diamond Lamp ($29) has become a cool little decor item for Mac users: a color-shifting LED lamp that connects to your Mac’s USB port or a wall for power, offering a pass-through USB port to charge your iPod, iPhone, or iPad while it beautifies your room. Capable of shifting through 1,500 different colors or maintaining whichever single color you prefer, the Black Diamond Lamp looks similar to earlier Black Diamond designs, but it’s much more affordable, while preserving the same whimsy and lighting capabilities Yantouch is becoming known for.
The LEDs inside Black Diamond Lamp can be moved through three stages of brightness: while the new design now features integrated touch controls for powering itself on and off, you can also blow on its top-mounted hole (like a candle) to dim the lighting system. Two cables are included, one for connection to a self-provided USB power source such as a wall adapter or Mac USB port, while the other can be connected to a device for pass-through charging. If you want iOS device charging, you need to supply the Dock Connector cable yourself.
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Refurbished iPad Air 2 models hit Apple Store
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?