Yantouch JellyFish Black
We’ve previously discussed our love for Yantouch’s LED-illuminated, color-shifting lamps, the highest-end versions of which are still a little challenging to find in the United States. So here’s a more affordable version: JellyFish Black ($85), which we’ve actually located in stock—for now. JellyFish Black has the same general look and illumination features as the $139 JellyWake model, but is controlled with a front-mounted touch panel rather than gestures, and leaves out the audio and timer functionality in favor of pure lighting. It’s an inexpensive way to radically change the color of the otherwise dull room where your Mac lives, and it’s a lot of fun to play with, too.
Yantouch actually sells two versions of JellyFish, one with a white bottom (“JellyFish”) and the other with a black bottom (“JellyFish Black”). Both versions have a color-shifting top surface that starts out looking black, then glows when it’s plugged into a wall outlet with an included power adapter. Touching the touch panel turns the unit on and off; swiping in different directions changes the brightness, color, and color mode such that you can stick with a single color of your preferred intensity or keep the unit in rainbow modes that display or cycle through multiple colors. Interestingly, the JellyFishes also illuminate downwards through their transparent bottom tube stands, and you can independently turn off the top display while keeping the bottom lit. JellyFish Black is a less expensive model with 17 sets of LED lights inside; the standard JellyFish carries a $35 premium and has 24 sets of lights, consuming a little more power.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?