Yantouch JellyFish Black
We’ve previously discussed our love for Yantouch’s LED-illuminated, color-shifting lamps, the highest-end versions of which are still a little challenging to find in the United States. So here’s a more affordable version: JellyFish Black ($85), which we’ve actually located in stock—for now. JellyFish Black has the same general look and illumination features as the $139 JellyWake model, but is controlled with a front-mounted touch panel rather than gestures, and leaves out the audio and timer functionality in favor of pure lighting. It’s an inexpensive way to radically change the color of the otherwise dull room where your Mac lives, and it’s a lot of fun to play with, too.
Yantouch actually sells two versions of JellyFish, one with a white bottom (“JellyFish”) and the other with a black bottom (“JellyFish Black”). Both versions have a color-shifting top surface that starts out looking black, then glows when it’s plugged into a wall outlet with an included power adapter. Touching the touch panel turns the unit on and off; swiping in different directions changes the brightness, color, and color mode such that you can stick with a single color of your preferred intensity or keep the unit in rainbow modes that display or cycle through multiple colors. Interestingly, the JellyFishes also illuminate downwards through their transparent bottom tube stands, and you can independently turn off the top display while keeping the bottom lit. JellyFish Black is a less expensive model with 17 sets of LED lights inside; the standard JellyFish carries a $35 premium and has 24 sets of lights, consuming a little more power.
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads