Yantouch JellyWake 2
Yantouch’s new JellyWake2 ($150) will look very familiar if you’ve seen our coverage of this company’s earlier JellyWake—a beautiful ambient lamp that caught our editors’ attention last year. But this sequel sports some major improvements: in addition to its unique color-shifting LED light system, JellyWake2 now doubles as an analog desktop clock, adds an Infrared remote, and includes new audio effects. Now you can experience the up close magic of its novel gesture-based controls, or use buttons to change its light show from afar.
As was the case with the prior version, JellyWake2 is primarily a nightstand or desktop lamp, using a collection of bright, color-changing LEDs that gently flow across the entire rainbow or lock into a single tone and brightness you prefer. Using integrated timers, a speaker on the bottom plays cricket noises to put you to sleep at night, bird chirps to help you wake up in the morning, and either cave dripping or wave-like water noises as desired—the latter new to JellyWake2. Also new is the ability to shift the unit’s face from lamp to clock mode, both for actual analog time, and for setting the wake up and sleep timers using a standard clock face. Thanks to the remote, it’s considerably easier to make time and feature adjustments than before, though there’s still a learning curve due to the iconography. We’ll have more to say on JellyWake2 soon, but it suffices to say for now that this is a real improvement on the original model.
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Apple loses German patent lawsuit over slide-to-unlock feature
- Best Buy expanding Apple Watch sales to all its stores in September
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Report: Apple ending One to One tutoring program
- Rumor: Apple working on health tracking ‘smart bands’ for Apple Watch
- Apple provides iPads to 114 schools through ConnectED program
- Apple to streamline Genius Bar, Workshop scheduling online
- Apple offering free replacements for some defective iPhone 6 Plus cameras
- Dr. Dre, Apple make statements on Beats co-founder’s abusive past
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- Wirelessky iStand 6 for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile Lounge Dock for Apple Watch
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?