Yantouch JellyWake (2012)
We have a soft spot for Yantouch’s lamps; they’re really unlike everything else out there. That’s as true for its new 2012 edition of JellyWake ($129) as anything else it’s put out. Unlike the previous version, this one is designed to serve primarily as a clock, with several notable changes that help it fulfill that purpose. You might still have a hard time finding it in the States, but design fans might want to seek this one out.
The new JellyWake’s body has the same dimensions as the old one, but it’s now wall-mountable thanks to a hole in the rear leg, and included mounting hardware. Numeric and iconic time markers are now printed in silver on the front of the frosted white shell, which makes telling time easier than before. The price has dropped, and the prior color-changing features have been toned down somewhat; JellyWake will still deliver a morning wake-up complete with chirping canaries and glowing lights simulating a 30-minute sunrise, though. A matching plastic remote is included in the box, making the clock and alarm easier to set.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?