Zentertain Facebox Pro for Facebook
Revolutionary? Magical? No. But Zentertain’s Facebox Pro for Facebook (Free, version 2.1) is certainly handy, letting Mac users access the popular social networking site with one click from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Facebox Pro basically just compresses most of the standard Facebook Safari page into a roughly 600x500 window that floats above everything else on your desktop, then disappears whenever you switch to a different window. Because it relies on Safari rather than a proprietary client, it includes full support for Facebook chat, auto-sized photo browsing, and everything else in Facebook’s left and center web columns.
What’s missing? Facebook ads. Upcoming Events. And Recommended Pages. We’re guessing that you’re not shedding tears over their omissions—if so, you can always load up the full Facebook page to see them again. You’ll also have to come to grips with a single-line text ad inserted by Zentertain to offset giving away Facebox Pro for free. No problem, right? The app is available now from the Mac App Store.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?