Zentertain Facebox Pro for Facebook
Revolutionary? Magical? No. But Zentertain’s Facebox Pro for Facebook (Free, version 2.1) is certainly handy, letting Mac users access the popular social networking site with one click from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Facebox Pro basically just compresses most of the standard Facebook Safari page into a roughly 600x500 window that floats above everything else on your desktop, then disappears whenever you switch to a different window. Because it relies on Safari rather than a proprietary client, it includes full support for Facebook chat, auto-sized photo browsing, and everything else in Facebook’s left and center web columns.
What’s missing? Facebook ads. Upcoming Events. And Recommended Pages. We’re guessing that you’re not shedding tears over their omissions—if so, you can always load up the full Facebook page to see them again. You’ll also have to come to grips with a single-line text ad inserted by Zentertain to offset giving away Facebox Pro for free. No problem, right? The app is available now from the Mac App Store.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?