Zentertain Facebox Pro for Facebook
Revolutionary? Magical? No. But Zentertain’s Facebox Pro for Facebook (Free, version 2.1) is certainly handy, letting Mac users access the popular social networking site with one click from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Facebox Pro basically just compresses most of the standard Facebook Safari page into a roughly 600x500 window that floats above everything else on your desktop, then disappears whenever you switch to a different window. Because it relies on Safari rather than a proprietary client, it includes full support for Facebook chat, auto-sized photo browsing, and everything else in Facebook’s left and center web columns.
What’s missing? Facebook ads. Upcoming Events. And Recommended Pages. We’re guessing that you’re not shedding tears over their omissions—if so, you can always load up the full Facebook page to see them again. You’ll also have to come to grips with a single-line text ad inserted by Zentertain to offset giving away Facebox Pro for free. No problem, right? The app is available now from the Mac App Store.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?