ZeptoLab UK Cut the Rope
Everyone’s favorite candy-munching monster, Om Nom, has finally made his way to the Mac with the recent release of ZeptoLab UK’s Cut the Rope ($5) in the Mac App Store. Featuring the same gameplay as the original iPhone and iPad version—and the subsequent followups—your goals sound simple: swing a piece of candy around on the screen in an effort to collect all three stars, then drop the treat in Om Nom’s mouth. Actually making that happen is easier said than done, though.
The Mac version of this game features the same ten themed “boxes” as the current iOS version, each with 25 levels. Each box introduces different mechanics, many of which add up as the game goes on. The touch controls have been replaced by clicking and dragging a cursor with your trackpad or mouse, or simply clicking on the rope you wish to cut; we’d love to see an update that utilizes Multi-Touch for controls that feel more like the original. And don’t worry, the familiar soundtrack is there in full force too. ZeptoLab is promising constant free updates to the game, and based on the mobile version, we’d believe it—Cut the Rope originally launched on iOS with far less content, so it’ll be great to see how much the Mac one evolves.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015