ZeptoLab UK Cut the Rope
Everyone’s favorite candy-munching monster, Om Nom, has finally made his way to the Mac with the recent release of ZeptoLab UK’s Cut the Rope ($5) in the Mac App Store. Featuring the same gameplay as the original iPhone and iPad version—and the subsequent followups—your goals sound simple: swing a piece of candy around on the screen in an effort to collect all three stars, then drop the treat in Om Nom’s mouth. Actually making that happen is easier said than done, though.
The Mac version of this game features the same ten themed “boxes” as the current iOS version, each with 25 levels. Each box introduces different mechanics, many of which add up as the game goes on. The touch controls have been replaced by clicking and dragging a cursor with your trackpad or mouse, or simply clicking on the rope you wish to cut; we’d love to see an update that utilizes Multi-Touch for controls that feel more like the original. And don’t worry, the familiar soundtrack is there in full force too. ZeptoLab is promising constant free updates to the game, and based on the mobile version, we’d believe it—Cut the Rope originally launched on iOS with far less content, so it’ll be great to see how much the Mac one evolves.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?