ZeptoLab UK Cut the Rope
Everyone’s favorite candy-munching monster, Om Nom, has finally made his way to the Mac with the recent release of ZeptoLab UK’s Cut the Rope ($5) in the Mac App Store. Featuring the same gameplay as the original iPhone and iPad version—and the subsequent followups—your goals sound simple: swing a piece of candy around on the screen in an effort to collect all three stars, then drop the treat in Om Nom’s mouth. Actually making that happen is easier said than done, though.
The Mac version of this game features the same ten themed “boxes” as the current iOS version, each with 25 levels. Each box introduces different mechanics, many of which add up as the game goes on. The touch controls have been replaced by clicking and dragging a cursor with your trackpad or mouse, or simply clicking on the rope you wish to cut; we’d love to see an update that utilizes Multi-Touch for controls that feel more like the original. And don’t worry, the familiar soundtrack is there in full force too. ZeptoLab is promising constant free updates to the game, and based on the mobile version, we’d believe it—Cut the Rope originally launched on iOS with far less content, so it’ll be great to see how much the Mac one evolves.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today