Macworld: iLounge’s promise to you our readers
Unless Time, Newsweek, USA Today or the Wall Street Journal has one of those mysterious sneak leaks tonight, the first time you’ll see the new flash memory-based iPod will be in coverage tomorrow from the Macworld Expo in San Franciasco. Invariably, positive (or at least not negative) press can be expected from whomever receives the official advance “exclusive” look at a new Apple product, and - no surprise - it won’t be iLounge. We’ll link to the story, but won’t be first on it.
As an independent resource for iPod owners and prospective owners, iLounge has been committed to providing accurate and objective information on the platform since the 2001 release of the first iPod. We’ve seen almost everything that Apple and various third-parties have released, offered opinions on it, and always left all of our reviews and news articles open to very visible comment from you, our readers. Our news, reviews, and articles are the core of the main iLounge web site (leaving our forums and galleries aside), but as those comments sections and our ever-growing forums and galleries strongly indicate, we hear - and care - what you say. You - our community - is what sets iLounge apart from so many other sites.
Regardless of what is announced at the Expo tomorrow, we promise that we’ll provide an honest and objective editorial perspective to you, our readers, comprised of the opinions rendered by multiple iLounge editors on the news of the day. Even if we’re not first on a story, you can trust that we’ll offer a well-informed take on it. And then, as always, it will be up to you to comment and decide whether you like what you’ve seen.
We’re really looking forward to the Expo, and hope that you’ll follow and enjoy iLounge’s coverage in the days to come - even if our servers are overwhelmed by the attention. As always, we’ll be watching your comments and taking them to heart.
Thank you for reading and being a part of the iLounge community.
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?