Macworld: iLounge’s promise to you our readers
Unless Time, Newsweek, USA Today or the Wall Street Journal has one of those mysterious sneak leaks tonight, the first time you’ll see the new flash memory-based iPod will be in coverage tomorrow from the Macworld Expo in San Franciasco. Invariably, positive (or at least not negative) press can be expected from whomever receives the official advance “exclusive” look at a new Apple product, and - no surprise - it won’t be iLounge. We’ll link to the story, but won’t be first on it.
As an independent resource for iPod owners and prospective owners, iLounge has been committed to providing accurate and objective information on the platform since the 2001 release of the first iPod. We’ve seen almost everything that Apple and various third-parties have released, offered opinions on it, and always left all of our reviews and news articles open to very visible comment from you, our readers. Our news, reviews, and articles are the core of the main iLounge web site (leaving our forums and galleries aside), but as those comments sections and our ever-growing forums and galleries strongly indicate, we hear - and care - what you say. You - our community - is what sets iLounge apart from so many other sites.
Regardless of what is announced at the Expo tomorrow, we promise that we’ll provide an honest and objective editorial perspective to you, our readers, comprised of the opinions rendered by multiple iLounge editors on the news of the day. Even if we’re not first on a story, you can trust that we’ll offer a well-informed take on it. And then, as always, it will be up to you to comment and decide whether you like what you’ve seen.
We’re really looking forward to the Expo, and hope that you’ll follow and enjoy iLounge’s coverage in the days to come - even if our servers are overwhelmed by the attention. As always, we’ll be watching your comments and taking them to heart.
Thank you for reading and being a part of the iLounge community.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?