Macworld: iLounge’s promise to you our readers
Unless Time, Newsweek, USA Today or the Wall Street Journal has one of those mysterious sneak leaks tonight, the first time you’ll see the new flash memory-based iPod will be in coverage tomorrow from the Macworld Expo in San Franciasco. Invariably, positive (or at least not negative) press can be expected from whomever receives the official advance “exclusive” look at a new Apple product, and - no surprise - it won’t be iLounge. We’ll link to the story, but won’t be first on it.
As an independent resource for iPod owners and prospective owners, iLounge has been committed to providing accurate and objective information on the platform since the 2001 release of the first iPod. We’ve seen almost everything that Apple and various third-parties have released, offered opinions on it, and always left all of our reviews and news articles open to very visible comment from you, our readers. Our news, reviews, and articles are the core of the main iLounge web site (leaving our forums and galleries aside), but as those comments sections and our ever-growing forums and galleries strongly indicate, we hear - and care - what you say. You - our community - is what sets iLounge apart from so many other sites.
Regardless of what is announced at the Expo tomorrow, we promise that we’ll provide an honest and objective editorial perspective to you, our readers, comprised of the opinions rendered by multiple iLounge editors on the news of the day. Even if we’re not first on a story, you can trust that we’ll offer a well-informed take on it. And then, as always, it will be up to you to comment and decide whether you like what you’ve seen.
We’re really looking forward to the Expo, and hope that you’ll follow and enjoy iLounge’s coverage in the days to come - even if our servers are overwhelmed by the attention. As always, we’ll be watching your comments and taking them to heart.
Thank you for reading and being a part of the iLounge community.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0