$195 Gucci iPod Case | iLounge News

$195 Gucci iPod Case

“International fashion house Gucci Group has pounced on the market opportunity inherent for third parties in the success of Apple Computer’s IPod music player—introducing its own designer IPod carrying case.

Available online through Gucci’s U.S. store, the iPod case is available in multiple colors and costs almost as much as an IPod—$195. The case is available in this season’s Gucci colors—beige/ebony GG plus with dark brown leather trim, green/red/green web carrying handle, and silver hardware.”

« More than 200 accessories for iPod

Enter the new Book Giveaway »

Comments

AHAHAHAHA

That is absolutely ridiculous.  I expect to see it sheathing the iPods of all the jappy sorostitutes starting this fall.

(That’s a fact, not a bannable offense)

Posted by J-Dawg on April 20, 2004 at 10:01 AM (CDT)

oh.

my.

god.

Posted by joeee on April 20, 2004 at 10:48 AM (CDT)

What a waist of money and its ugly too…

Posted by Aowolf on April 20, 2004 at 10:55 AM (CDT)

Boy was that a good laugh.  It reminds me of a post in the mini forums about somebody wanting a Loius Vuitton case for their mini…whatever floats your boat is all I have to say!

Posted by Asian_N02 in Delaware on April 20, 2004 at 11:00 AM (CDT)

I agree with Aowolf-ugly and a waist but you know the tready people will just eat it up.

Posted by darkness on April 20, 2004 at 11:24 AM (CDT)

Holy cow! I guess I’m in the minority here but I think its very cute. Finally I can mix my couture with my technology. Happiness!

Posted by FantasieSign on April 20, 2004 at 11:28 AM (CDT)

I wonder how long it will take until i see knock offs on the street in china town.  I’m gonna laugh my ass off if I ever see this in the city.

Posted by acemilo on April 20, 2004 at 11:55 AM (CDT)

i could make one that looks better for free

Posted by . on April 20, 2004 at 12:57 PM (CDT)

It’s actually quite stylish, and a much better compliment (and I mean that in a color sense too) to the ipod than the other cases I’ve seen, i.e. Neon colored, and leather. Good job Gucci for making a bag as desirable as what your supposed to put in it.

Posted by style geeka on April 20, 2004 at 1:01 PM (CDT)

finally!!

Posted by dietrite on April 20, 2004 at 1:10 PM (CDT)

Ughhh… Gucci is so interested in money ill bet it doesnt even protect the thing, its probably just bare leather inside. Am i alone in thinking that 1. this an extra $195 incentive for ignorant people to get mugged, and that 2. I’d never buy anything with the word “gooch” in the name?

Posted by MetalMike on April 20, 2004 at 1:38 PM (CDT)

acemilo, I have a feeling you’ll see the Chinatown knockoffs before the real thing, and power to ‘em, I say.  Really, even if these things were handmade by a little old Italian craftsman (which I doubt they are), there is nothing about it that makes it worth $200.  In fact, I’d be willing to bet they are made in <insert name of 3rd world country here> at a cost of a couple of bucks each.  I’ll also bet Paris Hilton will buy one.

Posted by StinkyPete on April 20, 2004 at 2:10 PM (CDT)

My girlfreind will probably want one for her birthday. I better make a quick trip to china town.

Posted by WOLF MAN on April 20, 2004 at 2:13 PM (CDT)

Opps, bad spelling.

Posted by WOLF MAN on April 20, 2004 at 2:14 PM (CDT)

The thing is almost as expensive as the ipod itself!

Posted by OH MY! on April 20, 2004 at 2:26 PM (CDT)

my mareware case is made of gold compared to that cast iron pos

Posted by LOL on April 20, 2004 at 4:43 PM (CDT)

holy crap those straps are the ugliest things ever…whoever buys that crap for 200 bucks doesn’t deserve to own an Ipod, what a disgrace…

Posted by eric soprano on April 20, 2004 at 4:46 PM (CDT)

it may be ugly and expensive to some… but for many people you just have to say the magic word “Gucci” and they’ll want it.

At least there’s an option, ya know.

Try that with a Dell DJ

Posted by SsnMx on April 20, 2004 at 4:57 PM (CDT)

Somebody like P.Doody would purchase such a thing. I love Gucci but things like these really make me think 3 times before waisting my $$$.

Posted by George Ramirez on April 20, 2004 at 5:20 PM (CDT)

wonder when prada will come out with theirs…? it’ll look much better than the gucci one, which i think is pretty lame

Posted by yinyang on April 20, 2004 at 6:27 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >