2009 Buyers’ Guide Sneak Peeks: Kensington, Speck, more
Along with the V-Moda Vibe II and Griffin Navigate, noted in our prior news story, several other products made their debuts in the 2009 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide. Speck Products debuted its QwickDraw Holster for iPhone 3G and fabric-covered Fitted Case for iPod nano 4G, both of which are expected in stores next month. Kensington debuted two similar Bluetooth kits, the Bluetooth Hands-Free Visor Car Kit and the Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit, the latter of which plugs directly into a cigarette lighter power port, removing the need for the rechargeable battery packs used in the visor-mounted model. Expect these to be released between December of 2008 and February of 2009.
Maximo unveiled its 5-Series Isolation Earphones, including the iMetal iM-590, the microphone-laden iP-595, and the iP-HS5, which uses a better microphone, soft-touch remote, and both shirt clip and lanyard options. All three models are slated for release next month. Newcomer Phantom debuted its Remixx Dock-mounting audio enhancement accessory, offering dual headphone ports, and supposed improvements to both the apparent soundstage and separation. It is expected to hit shelves in December. Finally, Scosche revealed its upcoming IDR450M and IDR600 earphones, offering metal enclosures, drivers designed to accentuate the midrange and treble in audio, and, in the case of the 450M, and integrated microphone. Both models should be available in December. For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod and iPhone, check out our 2009 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today