2009 Buyers’ Guide Sneak Peeks: Kensington, Speck, more
Along with the V-Moda Vibe II and Griffin Navigate, noted in our prior news story, several other products made their debuts in the 2009 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide. Speck Products debuted its QwickDraw Holster for iPhone 3G and fabric-covered Fitted Case for iPod nano 4G, both of which are expected in stores next month. Kensington debuted two similar Bluetooth kits, the Bluetooth Hands-Free Visor Car Kit and the Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit, the latter of which plugs directly into a cigarette lighter power port, removing the need for the rechargeable battery packs used in the visor-mounted model. Expect these to be released between December of 2008 and February of 2009.
Maximo unveiled its 5-Series Isolation Earphones, including the iMetal iM-590, the microphone-laden iP-595, and the iP-HS5, which uses a better microphone, soft-touch remote, and both shirt clip and lanyard options. All three models are slated for release next month. Newcomer Phantom debuted its Remixx Dock-mounting audio enhancement accessory, offering dual headphone ports, and supposed improvements to both the apparent soundstage and separation. It is expected to hit shelves in December. Finally, Scosche revealed its upcoming IDR450M and IDR600 earphones, offering metal enclosures, drivers designed to accentuate the midrange and treble in audio, and, in the case of the 450M, and integrated microphone. Both models should be available in December. For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod and iPhone, check out our 2009 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads