2009 iPod poll ends, iTunes LP poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What’s your reaction to the new 2009 iPods?” has ended. Users could say the new lineup is great and they are planning to purchase at least one new model, that it is good and they are considering a purchase, that it’s okay, but not enough to make a purchase, that it is bad, and Apple needed to do more to make the new models worthwhile, that it’s really bad, and they’re disappointed, or that they have no opinion.
Overall reader opinion of the new iPods was slightly less enthusiastic than last year, with 67% of readers saying the 2009 iPod lineup is at least okay, compared to 80% for last year’s models. 35% said they think the new iPods are okay—nice upgrades, but not enough to make them buy—while 17% said they think the new lineup is good, and are at least considering a purchase. An equal amount—17%—said they think the new lineup is bad, and that Apple needed to do more to make the upgrades worthwhile, while 15% said they find the new lineup to be great, and are planning to purchase at least one, 11% said they think the 2009 iPods are really bad, and are disappointed by the announcements, and 5% said they had no opinion on the new iPods. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s new iTunes LP offerings. We’d like to know whether the expanded format is enough to make you purchase more albums from the iTunes Store. Are the new features definitely enough to make you buy, or only if they expand support for the format beyond iTunes itself and over to the Apple TV, or other future large-screened devices? Or are you disinterested in the new features, and are no more likely to purchase than before, or do you buy your music from another download store, or exclusively on physical media? Or perhaps you don’t pay for music at all? Our new poll, “Will iTunes LP make you more likely to purchase albums from the iTunes Store?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll can be found in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- New (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and 9.7” iPad now available to order
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10