2009 iPod poll ends, iTunes LP poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What’s your reaction to the new 2009 iPods?” has ended. Users could say the new lineup is great and they are planning to purchase at least one new model, that it is good and they are considering a purchase, that it’s okay, but not enough to make a purchase, that it is bad, and Apple needed to do more to make the new models worthwhile, that it’s really bad, and they’re disappointed, or that they have no opinion.
Overall reader opinion of the new iPods was slightly less enthusiastic than last year, with 67% of readers saying the 2009 iPod lineup is at least okay, compared to 80% for last year’s models. 35% said they think the new iPods are okay—nice upgrades, but not enough to make them buy—while 17% said they think the new lineup is good, and are at least considering a purchase. An equal amount—17%—said they think the new lineup is bad, and that Apple needed to do more to make the upgrades worthwhile, while 15% said they find the new lineup to be great, and are planning to purchase at least one, 11% said they think the 2009 iPods are really bad, and are disappointed by the announcements, and 5% said they had no opinion on the new iPods. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s new iTunes LP offerings. We’d like to know whether the expanded format is enough to make you purchase more albums from the iTunes Store. Are the new features definitely enough to make you buy, or only if they expand support for the format beyond iTunes itself and over to the Apple TV, or other future large-screened devices? Or are you disinterested in the new features, and are no more likely to purchase than before, or do you buy your music from another download store, or exclusively on physical media? Or perhaps you don’t pay for music at all? Our new poll, “Will iTunes LP make you more likely to purchase albums from the iTunes Store?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll can be found in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?