2012 CES Unveiled: Tweet-Sized News
Our official Twitter account has been sharing all the Apple-related news from #CES Unveiled. Here are some of the highlights:
Belkin showed the Thunderbolt Express Dock for Mac, which for $299 gives MacBooks desktop-class connectivity.
Belkin also announced a new Dyle Mobile TV receiver for iPad / iOS, giving these devices access to over the air digital TV. No price or final release date, but second half 2012.
Case-Mate showed cases, largely for the iPhone, including a new color block lineup of female-friendly cases and clutches for iPhone, iPad, and iPod, plus Creature & Snap cases for iPhone 4, the latter with super cool snap-out stand. You press a button and a stand curls right out.
Cobra showed the new Cobra Tag G5, the Bluetooth Smart version of its prior Cobra Tag device locator keychain. Bluetooth 4/Smart takes Tag from a weekly recharge to 1 charge every 6 months!
Dexim debuted the Click Stick, a Bluetooth remote shutter control and companion camera app, which was launching in Feb. for $40.
Griffin had one more thing to show off at CES Unveiled. The AirCurve Window mount combines two older products. Neat.
Hex debuted its new Fleet Collection of bags, backpacks, and sleeves, including several with play-through iPad pockets.
House of Marley debuted 2 new bag-like Bluetooth speakers, Nomad and Block Party, and One Foundation, a $600 system.
LaCie debuts two new Thunderbolt external hard drives - 2big and 5big Office+ for Mac - with up to 8TB capacities.
Parrot’s new AR.Drone 2.0 offers better cameras, new control system.
Powerbag’s redesigned cable system was shown off on the Crosstown Messenger.
Pure showed the Contour 200i Air speaker, which handles AirPlay streaming at $329 price, challenging Zeppelin Air.
Withings debuted Baby Scale iOS, which can track a child’s weight from birth to toddling age 8 with an app-aided scale.
ZOMM showed Lifestyle Connect, a $199 device that lets you communicate with a person who needs to be monitored.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Song skipping terms slowing iRadio negotiations
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- Report: BBM iOS app won’t support iPad at launch
- Report: iRadio might miss WWDC debut
- Fair Labor Assoc.: Foxconn, Apple still exceed work hours
- CW to bring content to Apple TV
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Bluelounge MiniDock (With Lightning Connector)
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Pro
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address
- Effect of erasing an iPhone on the Find My iPhone feature