2012 CES Unveiled: Tweet-Sized News
Our official Twitter account has been sharing all the Apple-related news from #CES Unveiled. Here are some of the highlights:
Belkin showed the Thunderbolt Express Dock for Mac, which for $299 gives MacBooks desktop-class connectivity.
Belkin also announced a new Dyle Mobile TV receiver for iPad / iOS, giving these devices access to over the air digital TV. No price or final release date, but second half 2012.
Case-Mate showed cases, largely for the iPhone, including a new color block lineup of female-friendly cases and clutches for iPhone, iPad, and iPod, plus Creature & Snap cases for iPhone 4, the latter with super cool snap-out stand. You press a button and a stand curls right out.
Cobra showed the new Cobra Tag G5, the Bluetooth Smart version of its prior Cobra Tag device locator keychain. Bluetooth 4/Smart takes Tag from a weekly recharge to 1 charge every 6 months!
Dexim debuted the Click Stick, a Bluetooth remote shutter control and companion camera app, which was launching in Feb. for $40.
Griffin had one more thing to show off at CES Unveiled. The AirCurve Window mount combines two older products. Neat.
Hex debuted its new Fleet Collection of bags, backpacks, and sleeves, including several with play-through iPad pockets.
House of Marley debuted 2 new bag-like Bluetooth speakers, Nomad and Block Party, and One Foundation, a $600 system.
LaCie debuts two new Thunderbolt external hard drives - 2big and 5big Office+ for Mac - with up to 8TB capacities.
Parrot’s new AR.Drone 2.0 offers better cameras, new control system.
Powerbag’s redesigned cable system was shown off on the Crosstown Messenger.
Pure showed the Contour 200i Air speaker, which handles AirPlay streaming at $329 price, challenging Zeppelin Air.
Withings debuted Baby Scale iOS, which can track a child’s weight from birth to toddling age 8 with an app-aided scale.
ZOMM showed Lifestyle Connect, a $199 device that lets you communicate with a person who needs to be monitored.
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards announced
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
- Sunday at CES: 20 new Apple accessory previews worth seeing
- iLounge is live at the 2014 CES: follow us at CES.iLounge.com!
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac