2012 CES Unveiled: Tweet-Sized News
Our official Twitter account has been sharing all the Apple-related news from #CES Unveiled. Here are some of the highlights:
Belkin showed the Thunderbolt Express Dock for Mac, which for $299 gives MacBooks desktop-class connectivity.
Belkin also announced a new Dyle Mobile TV receiver for iPad / iOS, giving these devices access to over the air digital TV. No price or final release date, but second half 2012.
Case-Mate showed cases, largely for the iPhone, including a new color block lineup of female-friendly cases and clutches for iPhone, iPad, and iPod, plus Creature & Snap cases for iPhone 4, the latter with super cool snap-out stand. You press a button and a stand curls right out.
Cobra showed the new Cobra Tag G5, the Bluetooth Smart version of its prior Cobra Tag device locator keychain. Bluetooth 4/Smart takes Tag from a weekly recharge to 1 charge every 6 months!
Dexim debuted the Click Stick, a Bluetooth remote shutter control and companion camera app, which was launching in Feb. for $40.
Griffin had one more thing to show off at CES Unveiled. The AirCurve Window mount combines two older products. Neat.
Hex debuted its new Fleet Collection of bags, backpacks, and sleeves, including several with play-through iPad pockets.
House of Marley debuted 2 new bag-like Bluetooth speakers, Nomad and Block Party, and One Foundation, a $600 system.
LaCie debuts two new Thunderbolt external hard drives - 2big and 5big Office+ for Mac - with up to 8TB capacities.
Parrot’s new AR.Drone 2.0 offers better cameras, new control system.
Powerbag’s redesigned cable system was shown off on the Crosstown Messenger.
Pure showed the Contour 200i Air speaker, which handles AirPlay streaming at $329 price, challenging Zeppelin Air.
Withings debuted Baby Scale iOS, which can track a child’s weight from birth to toddling age 8 with an app-aided scale.
ZOMM showed Lifestyle Connect, a $199 device that lets you communicate with a person who needs to be monitored.
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- CES: Just Mobile, Parrot, Tylt + Zagg
- CES: Edifier, Jaybird, Kanex, Phiaton, Phonesuit + Sphero
- Kwikset announces Premis HomeKit-compatible smart lock
- First Alert expands Onelink family with HomeKit-enabled Wi-Fi safe, environment monitor + thermostat
- Braven intros new speakers at CES, including the BRV-XXL and BRV-BLADE LE
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- Apple working to turn HealthKit into diagnosis tool
- Hackers expose security flaw in iOS 10’s local backups
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps