JBL debuts OnBeat Micro, Venue LT Lightning speakers
JBL has introduced the OnBeat Micro ($99) and OnBeat Venue LT ($199), the first Lightning-compatible speaker docks. OnBeat Micro is a portable, compact speaker with two full-range transducers that can dock the iPhone 5, fifth-generation iPod touch and seventh-generation iPod nano, but not the latest iPad or iPad mini. It offers five hours of playback with four AAA batteries, and includes an AC adapter for device charging, as well as a built-in USB connector for use with other devices.
JBL’s OnBeat Venue LT is an updated version of its OnBeat Venue, which we reviewed last month. A 30W wireless speaker that can stream from Bluetooth-enabled devices, the OnBeat Venue LT can dock the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad, as well as the iPhone 5, fifth-generation iPod touch, and seventh-generation iPod nano. It features four transducers — two low-frequency and two high-frequency. A movie button on the top activates an “extra-wide sound field” for watching video, and an auxiliary input provides a means to connect older Apple devices. Both speakers are currently available for preorder.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015