JBL debuts OnBeat Micro, Venue LT Lightning speakers
JBL has introduced the OnBeat Micro ($99) and OnBeat Venue LT ($199), the first Lightning-compatible speaker docks. OnBeat Micro is a portable, compact speaker with two full-range transducers that can dock the iPhone 5, fifth-generation iPod touch and seventh-generation iPod nano, but not the latest iPad or iPad mini. It offers five hours of playback with four AAA batteries, and includes an AC adapter for device charging, as well as a built-in USB connector for use with other devices.
JBL’s OnBeat Venue LT is an updated version of its OnBeat Venue, which we reviewed last month. A 30W wireless speaker that can stream from Bluetooth-enabled devices, the OnBeat Venue LT can dock the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad, as well as the iPhone 5, fifth-generation iPod touch, and seventh-generation iPod nano. It features four transducers — two low-frequency and two high-frequency. A movie button on the top activates an “extra-wide sound field” for watching video, and an auxiliary input provides a means to connect older Apple devices. Both speakers are currently available for preorder.
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Amazon introduces Local Register Secure Card Reader
- Skylanders Trap Team coming to iPad with portal, controller
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today