Apple in 2013 polls ends, accessory trends poll begins
With over 1,500 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“What are you most hoping to see from Apple in 2013?”—has ended. Readers were asked to identify which rumoured or likely new product from Apple they are most looking forward to in the new year.
The top respondents were split pretty evenly between an iPad mini with Retina Display (19%), iOS 7 (17%), an Apple Television Set (16%), and a completely new product such as an Apple Watch coming in at 15%. 10% of readers indicated they they’re most looking forward to a next-generation iPhone, while 9% are hoping for an updated Apple TV set-top box, rather than a full-fledged television set. Of the remaining respondents, 7% indicated that they would most like to see a slimmer, next-generation iPad, 5% were hoping for a major new iPod release, and only 3% indicated that they would be most interested in a subscription music service from Apple.
On the heels of the 2013 International CES, where our editors saw thousands of new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories and noted several major trends from manufacturers, we’re curious to know what you think will be the biggest trend in the Apple accessory market for 2013. Do you think that we’ll see developers move away from AirPlay and/or Lightning for speakers in favour of Bluetooth, or do you think developers will fully embrace Lightning? Will other Bluetooth accessories such as watches, health monitors, and fitness devices come into their own this year, or do you think it will be the year for more premium cases, successful indie projects from Kickstarter or specialized and niche products to appear?
Our latest poll—“What do you think the biggest trend in Apple accessories will be in 2013?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, June giveaway reminder
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new June giveaways
- Media invited to iLounge NYC at CE Week 2013
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple patent chief leaves company
- Apple: 1B TV episodes, 380m movies downloaded
- Apple TV Software Update 5.3 adds HBO Go, ESPN, more
- Report: Apple testing iOS 7 LinkedIn integration
- Alleged schematic leaks show 2013 iPhone designs
- Apps: Gangstar Vegas, Man of Steel, Photo Cube WiFi 3.59 + Play-Doh Create ABCs
- Alleged iPhone 5S leaks show display, logic board
- Apple TV beta reveals iTunes Radio support
- Apple’s Cue reveals more iBooks launch details
- Apple releases Commitment to Customer Privacy statement
- Logitech Harmony Smart Control
- Eton Rukus XL Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- PureGear PX260 + PX360 Extreme Protection System for iPhone 5
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Soundfreaq Sound Step Lightning SFQ-02L
- LifeProof Frē for iPad mini
- iBattz Mojo Refuel Removable Battery Case + Mojo Refuel Armor Kit for iPhone 5
- Geneva Lab Geneva Sound System Model S Wireless
- Bracketron Twist & Charge
- CruxCase CruxSkunk Keyboard Case for iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th-Gen)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of Apple TV 5.3
- iOS 7: Settings, Including Accessibility + Wallpaper
- iOS 7: Weather, Stocks, Calendar + Reminders
- iOS 7: Phone, FaceTime, Messages + Contacts
- iOS 7: iTunes Store, App Store, Calculator + Mail
- iOS 7: Music, Videos, Photos + Camera
- iOS 7: Clock, Game Center, Newsstand + Safari
- iOS 7: Siri + Voice Control
- iOS 7: Activation Lock + Find My iPhone
- iOS 7: Control Center, Notification Center, Spotlight, Multitasking