Apple TV Software Update 5.2 adds Bluetooth input, more
Apple today released Apple TV software version 5.2 for the second- and third- generation streaming media players. Arriving alongside iOS 6.1, the update brings enhanced support for iTunes in the Cloud, the addition of the Up Next feature introduced in iTunes 11, and long-awaited Bluetooth keyboard support. Apple notes that the Apple TV can now be controlled by Bluetooth wireless keyboards—the first official feature to unlock Bluetooth hardware that sat unused in the devices up until now.
As with all Apple TV software, version 5.2 can be downloaded directly from the Apple TV’s Settings > General menu.
Additionally, a third version of the update was released, for the yet-unannounced AppleTV3,2. The second- and third-generations are denoted as AppleTV2,1 and AppleTV3,1, respectively. It’s not clear what this new hardware entails, or when it may be coming. Notably, MacRumors suggests it may be an international model.
- Apple TV adds Dailymotion, Fusion, The Scene, UFC channels
- Apple announces (PRODUCT)RED Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple TV adds CBS News channel
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Apple patent application outlines Apple TV remote interface
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014