Accessories trend poll ends, Apple iWatch poll begins
With approximately 900 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“What do you think the biggest trend in Apple accessories will be in 2013?”—has ended. With thousands of new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories and several major trends we noted from manufacturers at the 2013 International CES, we asked readers to let us know what they thought would be the biggest trend in the Apple accessory market in 2013.
Forty-nine percent of respondents felt that we would see more Lightning accessories this year, essentially continuing the trend of wired and dock-based iOS device accessories. A general trend toward Bluetooth accessories was suggested by 25% of those responding, with Bluetooth speakers at 14% and general Bluetooth accessories at 11%. Of the remaining responses, 12% felt the trend would move more toward specialized and niche products, 6% toward more premium cases, and 5% to more successful independent projects growing from places like Kickstarter. Only 3% of responses suspected fewer AirPlay speakers this year.
With serious rumours of an Apple iWatch beginning to surface, we’re wondering what you, our readers, would find the most compelling feature in such a device. Would it be standalone features such as media playback or GPS and navigation features or tighter integration with your iPhone or iPod touch by providing remote control, notification display or Siri interaction? Do your preferences lean toward the hope that it will simply be a timepiece with an elegant Apple industrial design?
Or do you generally eschew the whole idea of a “smart” watch? Our latest poll—“What feature would most compel you to buy an Apple iWatch?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, June giveaway reminder
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new June giveaways
- Media invited to iLounge NYC at CE Week 2013
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple patent chief leaves company
- Apple: 1B TV episodes, 380m movies downloaded
- Apple TV Software Update 5.3 adds HBO Go, ESPN, more
- Report: Apple testing iOS 7 LinkedIn integration
- Alleged schematic leaks show 2013 iPhone designs
- Apps: Gangstar Vegas, Man of Steel, Photo Cube WiFi 3.59 + Play-Doh Create ABCs
- Alleged iPhone 5S leaks show display, logic board
- Apple TV beta reveals iTunes Radio support
- Apple’s Cue reveals more iBooks launch details
- Apple releases Commitment to Customer Privacy statement
- Eton Rukus XL Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- PureGear PX260 + PX360 Extreme Protection System for iPhone 5
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Soundfreaq Sound Step Lightning SFQ-02L
- LifeProof Frē for iPad mini
- iBattz Mojo Refuel Removable Battery Case + Mojo Refuel Armor Kit for iPhone 5
- Geneva Lab Geneva Sound System Model S Wireless
- Bracketron Twist & Charge
- CruxCase CruxSkunk Keyboard Case for iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th-Gen)
- Sol Republic Master Tracks
- iOS 7: Settings, Including Accessibility + Wallpaper
- iOS 7: Weather, Stocks, Calendar + Reminders
- iOS 7: Phone, FaceTime, Messages + Contacts
- iOS 7: iTunes Store, App Store, Calculator + Mail
- iOS 7: Music, Videos, Photos + Camera
- iOS 7: Clock, Game Center, Newsstand + Safari
- iOS 7: Siri + Voice Control
- iOS 7: Activation Lock + Find My iPhone
- iOS 7: Control Center, Notification Center, Spotlight, Multitasking
- iOS 7: Maps, Passbook, Compass + Notes