Apple iWatch poll ends, iOS 7 design poll begins
With over 1200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest recent poll—“What feature would most compel you to buy an Apple iWatch?”—has now ended. With serious rumours of an Apple smart watch surfacing over the past few weeks, we asked readers to let us know what features they would find most compelling in an Apple-designed smart watch, or whether they were even interested in such a device at all.
Thirty-nine percent of respondents were generally uninterested in an Apple iWatch, split about evenly between not wanting a watch at all (19%) and not being interested specifically in a smart watch (20%). Of the respondents who would consider an iWatch, 18% were most interested in seeing notification display from their iOS devices, while 11% felt that the Apple industrial design would be compelling enough. Most of the remaining responses were split fairly evenly, with 10% looking for remote iOS device control, 9% for GPS and navigation features, and 7% for an ability to interact with Siri on their iOS devices. Lastly, 3% of readers indicated that standalone media playback would be a compelling feature, while another 3% suggested they’d want to see some other unspecified feature.
In this week’s poll, we’re wondering what you would like to see in iOS 7 from a design perspective. Do you think iOS 7 should retain the current UI and simply add new features, or do you think it’s time for Apple to revamp the design with either a simpler and flatter look or a more exciting and eye-popping design? Our latest poll “How should iOS 7 look?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone