30GB iPod $419 and 15GB iPod $329 - Today Only | iLounge News

30GB iPod $419 and 15GB iPod $329 - Today Only

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, July 29, 2003
News Categories: Deals

Deals on the Web: Dell is offering the 30GB iPod for $499, an instant 10% discount drops the price down to $449.10. TODAY only, take an additional $30 off with coupon code “50C322C30D4” for a final price of $419.10. With Free ground shipping, it’s the lowest current price we’ve seen. Offer ends tonight at 11 PM CST

Deals on the Web: Dell is offering the 15GB iPod at $399, less an automatic 10% off to bring the price down to $359.10. TODAY only, use coupon code “50C322C30D4” to save an additional $30 for a final price of $329.10. You’ll need to add something with a cost of $1 or more to your cart to use the $30 off coupon. Searc for “media” and add some cheap CD-R discs to your order. With Free ground shipping, it’s the best current price we’ve seen at $70 below the retail price. Offer ends 7/29 at 11 PM CST.

« Next generation iPod does TiVo?

Windows iTunes “on track to launch by the end of this year” »

Comments

Hmm. Another Dell Deal?

Posted by Squibbles on July 29, 2003 at 12:10 PM (PDT)

exactly what I thought

Posted by Wanksta on July 29, 2003 at 12:14 PM (PDT)

What is the catch? I have been anxiously looking to buy one for a few months now. I have one on order that I haven’t gotten yet… perhaps this is a better deal?

Posted by michievespini on July 29, 2003 at 2:21 PM (PDT)

ahahahaha….

warning…

Get it for the good deal BUT!!!! be prepared to be D1cked around by super long delays..

Posted by salsavibe on July 29, 2003 at 2:34 PM (PDT)

Ordered my 30GB iPod on 07/17 when Dell had the 10% off promo with a stackable $50 off a $450 purchase to get my iPod for $400.  It came a week later on 07/24.  This is a great deal.

Posted by vietnamkid on July 29, 2003 at 2:52 PM (PDT)

I too got a 30gb one from Dell last time and received it in about 4 days!!!

Posted by GhostRider on July 29, 2003 at 4:02 PM (PDT)

I ordered mine tonite. I’ll let you know when it arrives.  $330 for 15gb is a good deal!

Posted by Jerryss on July 29, 2003 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

I too had a long wait for the 30 G. It was frustrating and they did not have a lot of information when called, but it did arrive and it was in excellent condition. For the savings, it was worth the wait, I guess.

For those who received theirs right away, that is great and is how it should be, but I think Dell really underestimated the iPod market out here.

My advice - go ahead and do it if you need the savings. If you can’t wait, then pay the full price and get it right away. Either way the end result is music heaven! grin

Posted by doug on July 29, 2003 at 4:10 PM (PDT)

I just ordered my 30Gb today, and the confirmation e-mail came in stating that the estimated ship date is “on or before 08/13/2003”

Ouch! And that’s WITH Next Day Air shipping.

Hopefully, I’ll get it much sooner instead of waiting two weeks. What a great price though.

Posted by mb on July 29, 2003 at 5:59 PM (PDT)

bought mine last night around 11:00 PM and the estimated shipping date is “on or before 08/01/03”  guess i’m just lucky like that.  but the iPod is worth the wait, in my opinion.

Posted by ryan on July 30, 2003 at 3:00 AM (PDT)

even thought it says its for windows, can you use it on the mac. will you get the software and cables you need or will you have to by them separatly. Thanks

Posted by kevin on July 30, 2003 at 3:00 AM (PDT)

I ordered the 30gb IPod yesterday from Dell. I originally ordered a 30gb from the student bookstore on campus and received a $30 student discount. However, after tax and everything is was going to cost me $503. I ordered it three Mondays ago and was told it would be in within 5-7 days. It was delivered yesterday, over two weeks after I ordered it. I told them I didn’t want it and ordered one from Dell. Even if it takes two weeks for the IPod to get here, it will be well worth the $80+ that I saved.
Thanks to whoever posted the Dell deal. Now I can actually MAKE rent this month!

Posted by michievespini on July 30, 2003 at 7:25 AM (PDT)

After what I believe was almost 2 hours clicking around, closing browser windows, connecting and reconnecting from my crappy dial-up connection, I was FINNALLY able to get the order through on the 15 gig iPod.  Dell must have had some busy servers last night. Anybody else have problems like this??  either way, it went through and I cant wait to get it!

Posted by gettn-a-powerbook on July 30, 2003 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

Just a quick suggestion. Unless you really want or need the CD-Rs wich I couldnt find any cheaper than like 9 bucks.  Look under the Networking cables.  I found a patch cable fro $4.  grand total of $333.  I’m cheap, what can I say.  Figure I’ll either find a way to use the cable, or throw it away..smile

Posted by gettn-a-powerbook on July 30, 2003 at 8:21 AM (PDT)

nevermind..*L* too late to get one at THAT deal…hahahahahaha…excuse me..sorry.

Posted by gettn-a-powerbook on July 30, 2003 at 8:24 AM (PDT)

I ordered a 30 gb yesterday (7/29), and the ship date was estimated to be about 8/13—and I expected to get jerked around on the ship date.  Today when I checked (7/30), I found out that it had already shipped.  Should arrive on 8/6—now I wish I had sprung for 2 day shipping.

Posted by mike on July 30, 2003 at 8:16 PM (PDT)

My 30 gig came today! Talk about fast. Only, I wish it came with a USB 2.0 cable. Why didn’t it say in the box that it comes separately? Oh well, I got a firewire card for less than the cost of Apple’s USB cable.

Posted by MrBlank on August 1, 2003 at 2:50 PM (PDT)

Mine came today too.  Even though I only paid for ground shipping, it came in two days.

I found the USB 2.0 cable at Fry’s after going to Best Buy and striking out.

Posted by mike on August 1, 2003 at 8:48 PM (PDT)

I love the fact (not really) that people who ordered the iPod on the same day as I are already receiving it.

Meanwhile, I still have a ship date of 8/13/2003. That really sucks.

Posted by mb on August 4, 2003 at 9:53 AM (PDT)

Hey MrBlank or mike,

Is there a way you can tell me what your order numbers were so that I can call Dell back?

I was on the phone wondering why my order is “backordered” and informed them of your speedy deliveries. Dell, of course, pleaded ignorance.

If you both couple help a fellow iPod wannabee customer out, that would be great. Please e-mail your order numbers so that Dell can get it right for once. Thanks!

Posted by mb on August 4, 2003 at 10:10 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >