China Telecom offers iPhone 5S, 5C; Japan’s DoCoMo, too?
Carrier China Telecom briefly indicated that it was accepting reservations for Apple’s iPhone 5S and 5C. The message, which referenced sales of both new phones, was posted on a microblogging website and has been removed. It’s possible Apple could launch both devices in China earlier than usual, coinciding with an expected U.S. launch on Sept. 20. Apple is hosting a special event in Beijing on Sept. 11, with many speculating that carrier China Mobile will start carrying the iPhone. [via TechWeb (translated link)]
Separately, a report indicates that Japan’s NTT DoCoMo has reached an agreement with Apple to sell iPhones, breaking a long-time impasse between the companies. The issues began after minor rival Softbank secured an early exclusive on the iPhone, which then continued to erode DoCoMo’s once-dominant Japanese market share. [via Asahi Shimbun (translated link)]
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?