Fingerprint scanner poll ends, iPhone upgrade poll begins
With over 1,400 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll – “If Apple includes a fingerprint scanner in the next iPhone, will you use it?” – has now ended. With rumours of a built-in fingerprint sensor in the next-generation iPhone, we asked readers to let us know if they considered this a feature that they would actually find useful in a new device. Readers were asked whether they would use a fingerprint scanner for device unlocking, secure transactions, or both, or whether they had no interest in a fingerprint scanning feature regardless of whether they otherwise planned to buy the new iPhone or not.
The overall majority of responses—fifty-two percent—indicated that they would be willing to use the fingerprint scanner for both device unlocking and secure transactions. Seventeen percent indicated that they would use a fingerprint scanner only for device unlocking, while three percent felt it was only appropriate for secure transactions. Seventeen percent of respondents told us that they didn’t plan on buying the next-generation iPhone regardless of the fingerprint scanner, while twelve percent indicated that they planned to buy the next-generation iPhone, but had no interest in fingerprint scanning capability.
Following the announcement of not one, but two new iPhone models this week, we’d like to know whether you’re planning on upgrading your current mobile phone to either of the two new models, and which one. Are you an iPhone 5 user who is jumping on the 5s right away, or are you using an older model such that the iPhone 5c or iPhone 5s are your next big upgrade from two or three years ago? Have the new models perhaps convinced you to purchase your first iPhone, are you unimpressed with the new models and looking elsewhere, or are you simply happy with your current iPhone model and not looking to upgrade at all. Our latest poll “Do you plan to purchase one of the new iPhone models this year?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway update
- iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge’s Retina iPad mini review details color issue, battery boost
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts