Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
2bkco’s Findery (free) was in beta for a long time, but it’s finally hit the App Store today as a full, finished app ready for launch. Findery lets users leave notes in locations all around the world — anything from personal anecdotes, to historical facts, and more. The notes — made of text and images — can be made private or public, and notifications can tell users when someone has commented on or favorited one of their notes. It’s clear that some time in beta has allowed Findery to build up a decent inventory of notes before its launch. Users can search for notes in a map view, through recent activity, or by created “notemaps.”
Gmail (free) from Google has updated to version 3.0. The new update brings background app refresh, so the app can receive mail even when it’s not open. Background app refresh requires iOS 7 and one type of notification to be turned on. Gmail is also now offering a simplified sign-in — all Google apps are linked, so signing in to any Google apps will sign users into all other Google apps.
EA’s Real Racing 3 (free) has updated to version 2.1. The new update allows users to customize all of the game’s 80+ vehicles. Players can change the rims, the ride height, and more, and share with other players in Photo Mode. New cars have been added, including the Aston Martin D89, Vanquish, and V12 Vantage S. Last but not least, Real Racing 3 now supports iOS 7 controllers.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ($10) from Aspyr Media has updated to version 1.2.0, with improved MFi controller support, as extended and standard iOS game controllers are all now fully supported. KOTOR also has added iCloud saves, so players can pick up their game on separate devices. New supported languages including French, Italian, German, and Spanish have been added, and the game is currently on sale for half its regular price.
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- 1Password, Calcbot, Pennies + Twitterrific on the Apple Watch
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?