Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
2bkco’s Findery (free) was in beta for a long time, but it’s finally hit the App Store today as a full, finished app ready for launch. Findery lets users leave notes in locations all around the world — anything from personal anecdotes, to historical facts, and more. The notes — made of text and images — can be made private or public, and notifications can tell users when someone has commented on or favorited one of their notes. It’s clear that some time in beta has allowed Findery to build up a decent inventory of notes before its launch. Users can search for notes in a map view, through recent activity, or by created “notemaps.”
Gmail (free) from Google has updated to version 3.0. The new update brings background app refresh, so the app can receive mail even when it’s not open. Background app refresh requires iOS 7 and one type of notification to be turned on. Gmail is also now offering a simplified sign-in — all Google apps are linked, so signing in to any Google apps will sign users into all other Google apps.
EA’s Real Racing 3 (free) has updated to version 2.1. The new update allows users to customize all of the game’s 80+ vehicles. Players can change the rims, the ride height, and more, and share with other players in Photo Mode. New cars have been added, including the Aston Martin D89, Vanquish, and V12 Vantage S. Last but not least, Real Racing 3 now supports iOS 7 controllers.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ($10) from Aspyr Media has updated to version 1.2.0, with improved MFi controller support, as extended and standard iOS game controllers are all now fully supported. KOTOR also has added iCloud saves, so players can pick up their game on separate devices. New supported languages including French, Italian, German, and Spanish have been added, and the game is currently on sale for half its regular price.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?