Apple testing iPhone 6 with 1704 x 960 screen resolution
Apple is testing an iPhone 6 with a 1704 x 960 resolution screen, 9to5Mac reports. The new resolution will be achieved by tripling the initial iPhone “base resolution” of 568 x 320. On a 4.7” screen, the pixel density would be 416 PPI; on a 5.5” screen, the density would be roughly 356 PPI. The aspect ratio will remain 16:9 — though not quite full 16:9 HD, which would be at 1920x1080 resolution, and would allow for 1:1 pixel sharing between an iPhone and an HDTV.
Though it’s expected that most UI elements of iOS will simply appear larger than before on the new screen, it’s possible the home screen and other functions could be redesigned in some way to better utilize the screen space. It should be easy for developers to make the transition to the new resolution due to a reduced reliance on raster graphics in iOS 7 — Apple is also working on a “multi-resolution” mode and developer toolset that will make it easier to scale applications to fit on multiple iOS devices with different resolutions.
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?