37signals buys Ember for iPhone
Web-based collaboration app developer 37signals has announced the purchase of the iPhone app Ember from developer Overcommitted. Ember was a native iPhone application for 37signals’ web-based conference app, Campfire that allows users to participate in chats, view transcripts, jump between chat rooms and share pictures in a Campfire chat. 37signals founder Jason Fried writes on the company’s blog that they considered Ember to be an excellent native iPhone app for Campfire and started discussions with Overcommitted earlier this year about buying the application. After reaching a deal and making a few changes to the app, 37signals has resubmitted it to the App Store as the official Campfire app for the iPhone. Although Ember sold for $10 as a third-party app, 37signals has released the new version as a free download; a Campfire account is required to use the app, however free Campfire accounts are supported. The 37signals Campfire app provides support for multiple accounts, unlimited chat rooms, live image previews, inline viewing of popular document formats, access to chat transcripts and the ability to upload photos. Users can also see the participants in a room, view and set the topic for a room and set preferences for message notifications on a room-by-room basis. 37signals Campfire is available from the App Store as a free download. [via TechCrunch]
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?