37signals buys Ember for iPhone
Web-based collaboration app developer 37signals has announced the purchase of the iPhone app Ember from developer Overcommitted. Ember was a native iPhone application for 37signals’ web-based conference app, Campfire that allows users to participate in chats, view transcripts, jump between chat rooms and share pictures in a Campfire chat. 37signals founder Jason Fried writes on the company’s blog that they considered Ember to be an excellent native iPhone app for Campfire and started discussions with Overcommitted earlier this year about buying the application. After reaching a deal and making a few changes to the app, 37signals has resubmitted it to the App Store as the official Campfire app for the iPhone. Although Ember sold for $10 as a third-party app, 37signals has released the new version as a free download; a Campfire account is required to use the app, however free Campfire accounts are supported. The 37signals Campfire app provides support for multiple accounts, unlimited chat rooms, live image previews, inline viewing of popular document formats, access to chat transcripts and the ability to upload photos. Users can also see the participants in a room, view and set the topic for a room and set preferences for message notifications on a room-by-room basis. 37signals Campfire is available from the App Store as a free download. [via TechCrunch]
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?