37signals releases Highrise client for iPhone
37signals, developer of the popular Basecamp and Highrise web-based productivity applications, has released its first iPhone app. Highrise for the iPhone and iPod touch is designed to allow users to access their contacts, notes, e-mails and tasks from Highrise while on the go; deals and cases are not yet supported in the current version. The application downloads and syncs Highrise information directly to the device so that users can access their contacts and notes more quickly and without requiring an active data connection. Highrise uses its own local contact database rather than the iPhone’s contacts, allowing users to keep their Highrise CRM data separate from their personal address book. Users can also record and attach voice notes to contacts, which are automatically synchronized back to the Highrise server, and view any other attachments that are natively supported by the iPhone OS. Noting that the initial download of Highrise information to the iPhone may take some time, 37signals also provides a simple tic-tac-toe game for users to play while waiting for the download to complete. Highrise is available from the App Store as a free download and requires a Highrise account. More details on the app can be found at the 37signals blog.
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?