Apple quietly cuts 1GB iPod shuffle price | iLounge News

Apple quietly cuts 1GB iPod shuffle price

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, June 28, 2005
News Categories: iPod shuffle

In addition to its bigger announcements of iTunes 4.9 and its new color screen iPod lineup, Apple today quietly dropped the price of the 1GB iPod shuffle to $129, from $149.

The price cut is seen as a move to boost sales and distance the device away from the lower-end iPod mini model. It is widely believed that the 1GB iPod shuffle model was not a big seller due to its close pricing to that of the $199 4GB iPod mini, despite lacking several of the mini’s features.

« Mix: Free mini, iPod phone, Colgate promo, Diamond shuffle

iPod Updater 2005-06-26 released »

Comments

That’s a nice price cut, but when are we gonna see a 2nd generation shuffle? I don’t want to buy the shuffle since it’s been out for a while now…

Posted by ryan on June 28, 2005 at 10:45 AM (PDT)

I wish they would drop the price of the 512Mb shuffle by at least $20.  The closer they get to $50 the better.  If they could acheive that, then all the complaints about not having a screen would go away, and you’d see these things flying off the shelf -IMHO.

Posted by pickme on June 28, 2005 at 11:22 AM (PDT)

I just bought a 1GB shuffle for 150, and seeing that they only dropped it 20 bucks doesn’t really bother me.

Posted by M Bargo in Chicago, IL on June 28, 2005 at 11:12 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the tip. I got a pricematch at Circuit City and they matched it to Best Buy so I got 110% of the price difference back. I used the difference to buy the USB charger. Thanks again for the tip.

Posted by D on June 30, 2005 at 3:03 PM (PDT)

i luv my iPod!!! smile

Posted by Tiff on August 11, 2005 at 3:12 PM (PDT)

HELP!  I bought an IPOD shuffle 1GB last week and have been unsuccessful in getting it to work.  I have a Dell Inspiron and had to go to Best Buy and purchase a 2.0USB port for my laptop due to it being a model that was not updated to 2.0 USB standard.  I have ordered music from the iTunes and placed CD music in the Library but I cannot successfully download the music to the IPOD nor am I certain if I have done all I need to to get the music to go on the IPOD shuffle.  Can anyone walk me through this?!?  Best Buys’ Geek Squad have been totally useless…except for telling me to spend the $30 for the 2.0 USB port that has done nothing to help me…and I cannot use my wireless Comcast card while the 2.0 USB card is in the slot.  My main questions are:  How do I get the Update Ipod tab under file to work; how do I get the computer to recognize the IPOD; is it easier to use a computer rather than the laptop? Is there a website that could walk me through this?  What accessories do / should I have to make my life easier with this thus far useless item.  Thanks!  Please help!

Posted by Mary on August 13, 2005 at 7:13 PM (PDT)

apple ipod suffel 1gb update

Posted by jaisingh on September 11, 2009 at 6:41 PM (PDT)