4G iPod and watch remote concepts | iLounge News

4G iPod and watch remote concepts

picOne can only imagine what the next generation iPod design will be. An iLounger in the forums has imagined the 4th generation iPod and another has illustrated an iPod watch remote concept.

« 10% Off iPods at Target.com

Macworld: Inside the iPod »

Comments

I sure hope it doesn’t get any thinner.  Two reasons:

1)  BATTERY LIFE
2)  Headphone Jack.  Keep using the standard so we can have the remote as an OPTION.

The reason I even bother saying #2 is because of a rumor on [url=http://www.macrumors.com]http://www.macrumors.com[/url] suggesting that Apple may be considering a proprietary headphone jack to allow the iPod to become thinner.

Posted by azdude_15gb on October 6, 2003 at 1:35 PM (PDT)

Like I also added in my original post: The idea of a watchlike looking remote was originally thought of by Deamer, I only did a sketch of what I saw in my mind…

jojo

Posted by jesaja on October 6, 2003 at 1:54 PM (PDT)

BTW… I meant to say that the watch looks great.

Wait for Bluetooth 2.0, ey?  Wireless Watch remote, Wireless Earphones.

We need more throughput for full-fidelity audio, although the screen info would be ok for Bluetooth 1.1.  (I’ve seen it all calculated out somewhere in the forums).

Sorry, I’m not wearing a wired watch wink

Posted by azdude_15gb on October 6, 2003 at 2:08 PM (PDT)

If you read the original topic ( http://ipodlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6335 ) you’d have seen that yes, it’s about a BT remote… I posted the link to that topic also in the g4-topic..

Screen info: I just copied the original G3 ipod’s screen into the drawn picture…

jojo

Posted by jesaja on October 6, 2003 at 2:19 PM (PDT)

I didn’t mean to imply that it was your design was wired or flawed in any way.  I just said that it looked great.

The “sorry, I’m not wearing a wired watch” comment wasn’t directed to your design at all.  wink  Sorry, that line certainly could have been easily misunderstood…

Again, my comments have nothing to do with your design, other than that your design really made me imagine the bliss of having an iPod in my pocket or bag, a remote on my wrist, and ‘phones in my ear… all with no wires.

Posted by azdude_15gb on October 6, 2003 at 2:34 PM (PDT)

I think your design is hot, I like the way you elimate the space around the control wheel at the bottom. One think I noticed is that iPod maitains a classic modern look. I think if you change the menu buttons to a different shape you will also have the classic look (could be too many repeats of a circle - 3rd gen iPod handled that nicely by having the menu in a straight line).

Posted by Lajo on October 6, 2003 at 4:07 PM (PDT)

Nice ‘concept’.

i’ll wait for a legit source for the new design.

Posted by foo_foo on October 7, 2003 at 3:37 AM (PDT)

I think the 4G iPod is interesting - kind of like a Palm m130.  I like the time displayed on the main menu page.  Keep the battery icon, though; a novice iPod owner might not immediately understand the “four-dots-as-battery-life-indicator” icon.  Otherwise, two thumbs up.

Posted by johncg in Washington, DC on October 7, 2003 at 4:26 AM (PDT)

As i said in the thread, you did a very good job on that sketch,  jesaja.

I hope Apple representives see it, since i think the “watch” concept is exactly what the iPod needs. It’s different from the competitors and would keep the iPod at the top. (The competitors are starting to catch up imo.)
And maybe it’d be possible to take a “clip-on” approach for the wristband… So if you want a “normal” remote you could clip on a beltclip instead of it. And if they also put a hole at the top of the remote, you could hang it around your neck. The possibilities are endless smile

Posted by Deamer on October 7, 2003 at 6:26 AM (PDT)

if they ever did an ipod watch it would be about 5 minutes battery life

Posted by ti on October 8, 2003 at 7:14 AM (PDT)

it would not be an ipod watch but an ipod watch REMOTE! Read more carefully!!!
=)
jojo

Posted by jesaja on October 9, 2003 at 7:25 AM (PDT)

Really really like the 4G iPod design, good work. The watch on the otherhand made me laugh, what a load of rubbish. I think we can all call ourselves designers judging by that effort. All you have to do is take a basic watch design (very basic) and fill the screen with the Ipod screen, I mean really you must have put some real thought into that!!!!

Posted by Spartacus in Edinburgh on October 11, 2003 at 12:23 AM (PDT)