4GB fourth-generation iPod nanos appear in Europe [updated] | iLounge News

4GB fourth-generation iPod nanos appear in Europe [updated]

image

Following an appearance on Amazon’s German site (Translated link), a number of 4GB fourth-generation iPod nanos have been spotted on store shelves (Translated link) by a Dutch Apple enthusiast website. According to the report, the 4GB model is available in all nine colors and sells for €119 (roughly $169). It is unclear whether the 4GB model is meant as a third option for the European market, or whether Apple is simply trying to get rid of stock produced before the decision to go with only two models (8GB and 16GB) was made. [via Engadget | via iFun.de]

Update: Apple has confirmed the existence of the 4GB fourth-generation iPod nano, with a company spokesperson saying it made a “limited number of 4GB iPod Nanos for some international markets” while declining to reveal which markets would get the devices.

« Marware debuts cases for iPod touch 2G

Photo of the Week: iPod in the Dominican Republic »

Comments

Shown on the amazon.de site but not the UK one, so apparently for Europe less the UK. Who’d want it anyway? My 8Gb v3 nano is irritating because of its low capacity for video.

Posted by drevo_uk in UK on September 17, 2008 at 8:28 AM (PDT)

4gb new Nano is also sold in Russia for 193$ !!!
Guess how much does 32gb Touch cost? - 700$$$

I’m seriously thinking of moving to States=)))

Posted by #1 on September 18, 2008 at 9:16 AM (PDT)

So Europe is already getting their iPods but I can’t even find the 16gb iPod over here in the states.  I have to wait until October… :(

Posted by Annoyed on September 18, 2008 at 11:27 AM (PDT)

I ordered the 16GB Nano 4.gen one hour after the announcement at the German Apple Online Store on the 9th of September. Delivery should have been in 5-7 workdays.

Now I received an email from Apple, that expected delivery is supposed to be the 29. of September.

Looks like Steve is very optimistic with his delivery estimates on stage…

Posted by Marc on September 18, 2008 at 3:23 PM (PDT)

I noticed yesterday that the 4Gb 4th gen iPod nanos are available for purchase in Canada on the BestBuy website. They have them in blue, green, pink, purple, orange, and red but not in yellow, silver, or black.

Personally I’m debating whether or not I want the 16 Gb version in purple or if I will just stick with my 3rd gen 8Gb nano. The only things really going for the new one are the colour (so pretty!) and the increased capacity. I really prefer the shape of the 3rd gen nanos better.

Posted by oilseeker on September 21, 2008 at 8:02 AM (PDT)

I’m in Australia and to my surprise 4Gb 4th gen Nanos showed up at work on Monday. They’re not really worth it. The 8Gb version is selling for $193, and the 4Gb is $167, That’s at Big W

Posted by IMMz0r on September 23, 2008 at 5:15 PM (PDT)

Yea, you can get the 4gb version in Japan too.

Posted by genesis1v1 on November 20, 2008 at 11:31 PM (PDT)