iSkin Duo for iPod nano details | iLounge News

iSkin Duo for iPod nano details

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, October 6, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

imageiSkin has provided iLounge with further details about its upcoming iSkin Duo for iPod nano case. Much like the Duo for iPod shuffle, the Duo for iPod nano features two layers of silicone protection, reducing all friction points. The included screen protector will sit between the two layers of silicone, keeping it from coming into contact with, and reducing the threat of scratches to, the screen. The wheel protector acts in a similar manner, providing a smooth scrolling action without actually coming into contact with the click wheel itself. The iSkin Duo for iPod nano is expected to ship this month at a price of $29.99.

« Griffin releases iFill Internet Radio recorder

Mix: Bad Boy, HP iPods, Reznor »

Comments

Very snazzy! I love my iskin duo for the shuffle. My only question is how you will wear it. Will there only be a clip or will it be similar to zCover’s dual choice covers (one with lanyard and one without)?

Posted by BananaPod on October 6, 2005 at 6:34 PM (PDT)

Anyone know when the duo is shipping this month?? I have been waiting for this skin…my nano hasn’t left the house yet!!!!

Posted by Dan on October 6, 2005 at 7:35 PM (PDT)

I am so getting this, the day it comes out. I need iskin badly, before i scratch my nano. Hope it comes out soon.

Posted by fk51785 on October 6, 2005 at 7:36 PM (PDT)

I too have been waiting for this case, I hope they ship within the next few days. I haven’t taken the plastic that came on the nano’s screen off yet, in fear of scratching-

Posted by David Creegan on October 6, 2005 at 8:05 PM (PDT)

does the 2nd layer add a lot of girth to the dimensions?  and can you choose colors independently for both the inner and outer layers?  this one does seem promising.

Posted by clay on October 6, 2005 at 8:09 PM (PDT)

For those who have seen the picture on iskins website of the duo, what do you think the chances are that they release that color (they only show one right now) Id die for that color!!!! Also, when do yall think its gonna start shipping?

Posted by RC Cola on October 6, 2005 at 8:24 PM (PDT)

It better NOT have the same flimsy, cheesy belt clip assembly found on the iSkin mini case. Design of aforementioned assembly actually caused the anodizing of my iPod mini to wear away.

Posted by erayser on October 7, 2005 at 12:32 AM (PDT)

Hope the internal silicone layer holds up better than the shuffle version does.  Mine ripped to shreds the first time I tried to take it off, and the external layer does not work without it.

Posted by runningman on October 7, 2005 at 10:24 AM (PDT)

it says that its realasing octber 05 so it should come out soon

Posted by JOhny on October 7, 2005 at 10:45 AM (PDT)

Hmm, do you think you will have to take off the skin in order to charge the nano? On Apple’s site, they say to let the iPod breath when it is charging, but if you have to repeatedly take off the skin, wouldn’t that scratch the nano?

Posted by Tom on October 8, 2005 at 4:53 PM (PDT)

I really need a case for my nano, i haven’t taken the plastic film off the front, i am afraid to scratch it.  How do i order one to get it as soon as possible??

Posted by Buggzy on October 9, 2005 at 10:42 AM (PDT)

yea does anyone know if it has a screen cover thingy for it?

Posted by johnni on October 9, 2005 at 3:07 PM (PDT)

o nvm

Posted by johnni on October 9, 2005 at 3:08 PM (PDT)

Big mistake not to include an optional lanyard, as they do for their Shuffle case.  Other than that, it’s pretty drool-worthy.  I can’t even tell if the bottom is open so that a third-party lanyard can be added.

Posted by Chapps on October 13, 2005 at 10:08 AM (PDT)

Yes, the bottom is open; there’s a reflection of the bottom in the picture…

Posted by Anonymous on October 14, 2005 at 8:21 PM (PDT)

The iskin duo is expected to come out on Thursday October 27, 2005
This is one of the sources that i found who say the nano comes out on the 27th

Posted by Mike on October 20, 2005 at 5:55 PM (PDT)

does anyone know if they’re going to come out with an iskin duo for the ipod video?

Posted by john on November 1, 2005 at 4:19 PM (PDT)