7-inch tablet poll ends, next-gen iPhone poll begins
Published: Monday, August 6, 2012
News Categories: Site News
With over 1400 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“What should Apple do with the iPod touch given competition from $200 7” tablets?”—has ended. Readers given several options, including dropping the price and improving the chips inside, dropping the price, improving the chips and enlarging the screen, keep the same price, improve the chips, and radically increase the screen size to create a small iPad, discontinue it in favor of a $199 no-contract iPhone, or keep it the same for another year.
The majority of responses were split evenly between two options—creating a new, smaller iPad at the same price point, or dropping the price of the iPod touch slightly while improving the chips and enlarging the screen. Each option received 29 percent of the vote. 22 percent of readers suggested dropping the price and improving the chips on the inside, 15 percent supported discontinuing it altogether in favor of a $199 no-contract iPhone, and 5 percent said to keep it the same for another year—a somewhat surprising result, considering that the touch has essentially been left un-touched since the fourth-generation model debuted in 2010.
Our new poll focuses on the next-generation iPhone. We’d like to know what you plan on doing with your current iPhone when the new model launches. Are you going to sell or trade in your current iPhone for the new model, hand your older model off to a family member or friend and buy the new one, keep your current iPhone and buy the new one, or keep your current phone and continue using it? Or will the next-generation iPhone be your first, or are you planning to stay away from the iPhone altogether? Our new poll—“What are you planning on doing with your current iPhone when the next-generation iPhone is released?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac