7-inch tablet poll ends, next-gen iPhone poll begins
Published: Monday, August 6, 2012
News Categories: Site News
With over 1400 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“What should Apple do with the iPod touch given competition from $200 7” tablets?”—has ended. Readers given several options, including dropping the price and improving the chips inside, dropping the price, improving the chips and enlarging the screen, keep the same price, improve the chips, and radically increase the screen size to create a small iPad, discontinue it in favor of a $199 no-contract iPhone, or keep it the same for another year.
The majority of responses were split evenly between two options—creating a new, smaller iPad at the same price point, or dropping the price of the iPod touch slightly while improving the chips and enlarging the screen. Each option received 29 percent of the vote. 22 percent of readers suggested dropping the price and improving the chips on the inside, 15 percent supported discontinuing it altogether in favor of a $199 no-contract iPhone, and 5 percent said to keep it the same for another year—a somewhat surprising result, considering that the touch has essentially been left un-touched since the fourth-generation model debuted in 2010.
Our new poll focuses on the next-generation iPhone. We’d like to know what you plan on doing with your current iPhone when the new model launches. Are you going to sell or trade in your current iPhone for the new model, hand your older model off to a family member or friend and buy the new one, keep your current iPhone and buy the new one, or keep your current phone and continue using it? Or will the next-generation iPhone be your first, or are you planning to stay away from the iPhone altogether? Our new poll—“What are you planning on doing with your current iPhone when the next-generation iPhone is released?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway update
- iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge’s Retina iPad mini review details color issue, battery boost
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- China Mobile subsidiary briefly takes iPhone preorders
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts