80GB Enhanced Fifth-Generation iPod, unboxed | iLounge News

80GB Enhanced Fifth-Generation iPod, unboxed

image

In addition to our new full review of the new second-generation iPod nano—including extensive details and photos of every color nano—we’ve just added unboxing photos of Apple’s new 80GB “enhanced” fifth-generation iPod, with brand new shots of the new device. Click on the link below or see our First Look at the Enhanced Fifth-Generation iPod to view pictures of the unboxing process, which now includes no iTunes CD or foam earbud covers.

The new full-size iPod, which was introduced at Apple’s special event in San Francisco on Tuesday, sports an 80GB hard drive, support for iPod-ready video games, 60% brighter display, longer battery life, gapless playback, and new Search and Quick Scroll features.

« Mophie debuts hard case for new iPod shuffle

U.S. antitrust chief comments on iPod, iTunes »

Comments

Sorry Bootleg and Lawrence,

I hooked my 5G up and it is still 1.1.x. It did not update the software and if you go to the Apple website there is no software update for the iPod. Soooo I am a bit confused about this. Are you saying the old 5G will go to 1.2 or will it stay at 1.1.x with some enhanced features? Regardless, I do not have the ability to change the screen brightness on my iPod.

Posted by Don Trammell on September 15, 2006 at 9:01 AM (CDT)

i reckon that there will be a release of the ipod 6th gen later this year.

Posted by yodagreg on September 15, 2006 at 10:32 AM (CDT)

search feature makes me think writing new notes on the ipod isn’t far away.

Posted by Puck in washington dc on September 15, 2006 at 11:11 AM (CDT)

ive just connected my 5g ipod to my pc with itunes 7, and it did update it to 1.2, but i see no games, search, or the scrolling thingy. although i do have the ability to change the brightness.. im so confused what updates am i meant to be getting..?

Posted by Elvin on September 15, 2006 at 11:34 AM (CDT)

OMG i just bought a 60 gig black one cant they like tell me before i go and dish out 500$ on a obsolite item? damn i want pacman and a search feture I DONT LIKE YOU STEVE JOBS

Posted by oliver on September 15, 2006 at 1:18 PM (CDT)

Unfortunately, Apple store employees aren’t even told about what new products are coming out because of all the pass leaks Apple has had with their store employees.  They couldn’t tell you that a new iPod was coming out since they didn’t know themselves.

Posted by Mike on September 15, 2006 at 1:27 PM (CDT)

Don Trammell

You actually have to upgrade your iTunes software to 7 before you get the upgrade to your 5G iPod. Itunes didn’t automatically offer to do the upgrade for me, I used the upgrade option in one of the menus (or you can go directly to the Apple website).

P.S. If you have synced your iPod in longer than say a day, do that before you install the new iTunes. Also, if the upgrade hangs (assuming you’re using Windows), do a soft reset of your iPod and reboot your PC, it’s a known bug.

Posted by moseas on September 15, 2006 at 6:14 PM (CDT)

what what what??????!!!!!

Posted by doctavee on September 16, 2006 at 7:57 PM (CDT)

Yay! Now that the screen is brighter it will go through the battery even faster, totally defeating the purpose of a longer-lasting battery! Yippee!!

Posted by scottr622 on September 16, 2006 at 11:44 PM (CDT)

My Ipod 80G display is lit and cannot switch it off. It Appears the follwing legend. Accesories test: Please plug FW
LCD ID: 2
FWPWR: 0

I don’t know what to do. Please help.

Posted by Valencia on September 8, 2007 at 6:23 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2