Mix: Apple TV, Diabetes, The Beatles, Fujitsu Drives
Amy Tenderich of Diabetes Mine has penned an open letter to Apple CEO Steve Jobs, asking him to use his company’s resources to help design medical devices. “Medical device manufacturers are stuck in a bygone era; they continue to design these products in an engineering-driven, physician-centered bubble,” she writes. “They have not yet grasped the concept that medical devices are also life devices, and therefore need to feel good and look good for the patients using them 24/7, in addition to keeping us alive.”
Neil Aspinall, the head of the Beatles’ Apple Corps, is leaving the company after 40 years. Aspinall’s departure comes two months after Apple Corps settled a drawn out trademark dispute with Apple Inc. Some are already speculating that Aspinall may have been the final roadblock keeping the Beatles’ catalog off of iTunes.
Reuters reports: “Fujitsu said on Monday it has halted plans to make 1.8-inch hard drives as handheld device makers are more interested in flash drives for storage. The Japanese chips-to-computers conglomerate had initially planned to begin production of 1.8-inch hard drives, used in ultra-portable notebooks and digital media players like Apple’s iPod, in the first half of the current business year that began April 1.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015