A Humorous Review of iTunes 4
iLounger Nicholas H. emailed us his humorous review of iTunes 4. Click “Read more” for the full review.
...the iTunes staff went on Vacation, and left the iTunes 4 development to the interns. Want proof? Strange quirks and odd logic to follow:
The volume slider now has a bezelled “dot” within the knob. Why is there a dot? Who requested that Volume now have a dot? No other Apple programs have a dot.
Green? Green here, green there, green everywhere. The App icon is green, MP3 icons are now green. Last time I saw this much green was when I dreamt I was a head of lettuce.
Playlists’ icons are flat and ugly. All iApps are brushed metal, but the icons look like something out of System 6. And while we’re at it, do we really need a musical note on every icon that represents a list of music?
Wow! Check out the gnarly colors! Library is yellowish-orangish-brown, shared music is pastel-baby blue, and the Music Store and Purchased Music bins are bright green. And by bright green I mean to say “Owww, that green hurts my eyes.”
The new font looks like it used to look when your mom would accidentally switch your System Font in OS 9 to something awkward and then complain that the computer was “broken.”
The button for “Show or hide album artwork” could not look less like what it’s describing. The icon is a square with a shaded rectangle encasing a triangle. What???
Grab the tab to stretch-out a minimized iTunes control window. It only slides out to a certain point… and then stops. Do any other programs do this?
You browse the iTunes Music Store by genre by default. Who wants to browse by genre over artist?
Why, on the left side of the main window, do we have New Playlist, Random, Shuffle, and Show/Hide Album Artwork and on the other side Equalizer, Visual Effects, and Eject? There’s no rhyme or reason for this organization. Can’t we do something about this?
The “Advanced” menu has the strangest mishmash of functions I’ve ever seen. Can’t we split these functions into “Store” and “Network” menus? And while we’re at it, why in the WORLD does Visualizer have its own menu? Can’t we just tuck that guy into the preferences panel somewhere and have it activated in the Window menu?
Speaking of menus, why did View Options get moved to the Edit menu? And why on EARTH are Hide Browser and Show Artwork in the Edit menu??? You’re not editing anything!
Sound Check: It doesn’t work. It needs to be fixed. And if you claim it works, you’re just lying.
Okay, it’s not new but: The “Browse” button is a rainbow eye. RAINBOW EYE, PEOPLE!! AHHHHHH!!!!
Other than that, go Apple, iTunes 4 is KILLER.
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Apple eyed Bill Simmons for exclusive podcast deal
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?