A6 processor, Qualcomm LTE on iPhone 5 logic board
Seemingly confirming previously released but underexposed and fuzzy images, newly leaked photos from HDBlog.it show that an A6 processor is visible on the iPhone 5’s logic board, along with Hynix flash memory and a Qualcomm MDM9615M LTE modem. Notably, the MDM9615 was announced in February 2011, promising to “support LTE (FDD and TDD), DC-HSPA+, EV-DO Rev-B and TD-SCDMA” standards, using a 28nm process and new technologies to reduce the chip’s interference, power consumption, and physical footprint, with optional support for on-board Wi-Fi hotspot creation.
The specifications for the A6 processor are likely to be revealed later today at Apple’s media event in San Francisco. Although rumors have suggested that the iPhone 5 may pack a quad-core processor, or follow the third-generation iPad’s A5X in coupling a dual-core CPU with a quad-core graphics processor, keeping power consumption low will be a major consideration in the new iPhone’s actual specifications. [via 9to5Mac]
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?