ABC Player update coming for iPad 3G
Silicon Alley Insider reports that ABC is planning to release an update to its ABC Player app for the iPad that will allow video content to be streamed over a 3G data connection. Following the release of the iPad WiFi + 3G model last week iLounge discovered that the ABC Player app refused to deliver any video content when used over a 3G connection, responding with a pop-up notification advising users to “Please connect to a Wi-Fi network to use this application.” and that “Cellular networks are not supported at this time.” An ABC representative had previously told Silicon Alley Insider that the app had been designed to use Wi-Fi only “based on a variety of business and technical considerations” and it was theorized that licensing rights may have been the cause of any business issues, while the technical issues may have been due to the unavailability of lower-quality live video streams suitable for slower 3G networks. Regardless, these issues seem to now be resolved and ABC has already submitted its updated ABC Player application to the App Store, which will be available for download pending Apple’s review and approval. [via Mac Rumors]
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?