ABT unveils new wireless iPod gear | iLounge News

ABT unveils new wireless iPod gear

image
image

ABT (Advanced Bridging Technologies) has provided iLounge with exclusive details of four new iPod accessories, including the iJet remote with dock connector, iJet remote/FM transmitter for iPod nano, iJet two-way transmitter and receiver, and the PowerJet auto charger with 9-pin accessory port. The company also announced the iJet USB Control, a wireless RF remote for PCs and Macs.

image

iJet with dock connector (1)
ABT’s RF remote now supports all iPods with dock connectors, from 3G and up. The new iJet offers up to 150 ft range and features a pass-through connector allowing users to charge or sync their iPod without removing the iJet.

iJet for iPod nano (2)
The slim, sled-like device combines an RF remote with an optional FM transmitter. It features a clear flip-up front cover and pass-through dock connector port. The RF remote works up to 100 feet away, while the optional FM transmitter works on four frequencies—88.1, 88.3, 88.5 and 88.7.

iJet Two-Way (3)
The iJet two-way transmitter and receiver allows any iPod user to wirelessly view song selections, artists and playlists from a remote LCD screen. The iJet Two-Way works with all dockable iPods, including the 5G iPod and iPod nano. It has a range of 150 ft and also sports a pass-through dock connector port.

PowerJet (4)
ABT’s PowerJet auto charger features a 9-pin accessory port for using older, top-docking accessories with the latest iPods. The PowerJet works with all dockable iPods, offers a swivel design, and provides safe charging of an iPod through any +12V cigarette lighter outlet.

iJet USB Control
ABT also introduced the iJet USB Control, a wireless RF remote for PCs and Macs. The receiver plugs into any USB port on a computer, and the 5-button remote enables users to control applications such as iTunes, Windows Media Player and PowerPoint up to 150 ft away.

All of the new accessories are available in either black or white. Pricing and availability were not announced.

« CoolGorilla releases music trivia game for iPods

Mix: Japan share, Macworld Expo, UDI spec, iTunes flaw »

Comments

Finally!! Remotes with pass thru.  Very glad ABT took their time.  Others seemed to have rushed their dock connecting accessories.

Posted by dvashawn on December 22, 2005 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

I love the 9-Pin idea for the PowerJet!  I can now plug in my FM transmitter and hide it away.  Clever idea!

Posted by podluv on December 22, 2005 at 1:54 PM (PDT)

These are some of the least attractive accessories we’ve seen so far. Great job, ABT!

Posted by wired in L.A. on December 22, 2005 at 2:33 PM (PDT)

That Two-Way remote seems kind of like a stupid idea. “Hey kids! Instead of using your iPod which has a large screen and is not really that big, use our smaller (not much) remote with a lower quality screen!”

It’s nearly the same size as the pod! (Judging by the dock connection attachment, and looks like the iPod.

It’s like controlling the TV with a smaller, crappier TV. Huuzah! Oh, and it looks ridiculous.

Posted by Mondayne on December 22, 2005 at 3:09 PM (PDT)

Hey! I thought up that concept of the two way remote last night! It now exists! YAY!

Posted by Matthew on December 22, 2005 at 4:16 PM (PDT)

Hey Mondayne…the two way remote isn’t a stupid idea…in fact for someone who rides a motorcycle it the perfect solution…I can safely tuck my iPod away in my saddlebag and mount the remote on my handlebars…that way I can do everthing from there and even see what songs playing…Plus with a pass thru connector, since I often spend 8 to 10 hours on my bike when I’m doing long rides, will allow me to charge my iPod on the go and have tunes the whole way.  Think outside the box dude…

Posted by Randy on December 22, 2005 at 5:55 PM (PDT)

Yes! Remote with pass through!  Thank you ABT.

Posted by mpb2000 on December 22, 2005 at 6:03 PM (PDT)

The only thing I’m concerned about is the compatibility with car mounts (the proclip for the 5G, in particular).

Posted by mpb2000 on December 22, 2005 at 6:08 PM (PDT)

I wonder how the iJet docking remote will work with a TEN Technology flexibleDock?

Posted by GC Rider in Wichita, KS on December 22, 2005 at 8:00 PM (PDT)

I Agree! Thank You ABT! Finally a remote with pass though! AND IN BLACK at the start! You have a new customer in me ABT and I will purchase one as soon as they are available. ARE YOU LISTENINIG GRIFFIN?!

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on December 22, 2005 at 8:01 PM (PDT)

hopefully the pass thru will fit into an ipod dock… so i can have a remote on the steering wheel again, and put the ipod+remote receiver in the dock that i built into my car…

Posted by zerol8on on December 22, 2005 at 9:37 PM (PDT)

Oh man zerol8on, I have the same setup and have been waiting for this. I’m sick of reaching down do pause my music.

Posted by Joshdude in Long Beach, CA on December 23, 2005 at 12:18 AM (PDT)

YES! Just what wanted! too bad they wont have it for X-mas, would have been a great gift to me from my parents wink And THANK YOU FOR MAKING THEM IN BLACK TOO!

Cant wait for the release…I have money in hand for #1

Posted by KnightRyderV on December 23, 2005 at 1:49 AM (PDT)

Whheeee pass-through! I agree that the styling of these components seems… a little off, but AT LEAST THE COMPANY SPENT 5 MINUTES THINKING BEFORE PUSHING OUT THEIR PRODUCT! Two thumbs up! I will totally pick one up when I get my 5G.

I’d like to see life-size comparisons for that 2-way sender/receiver.

Posted by Bad Beaver on December 23, 2005 at 2:26 AM (PDT)

Glad I waited to buy an RF remote.  These sound great…much better range than AirClick, and a Pass Through port… Makes a lot more sense.  Gotta checkout that Two-Way though… can control my music from 2 rooms over AND see what songs and playlists… TOO COOL… Definitely functionality over fashion, and I’m OK with that !!

Posted by Kank on December 23, 2005 at 8:18 AM (PDT)

Well, SmartDeck has taken care of my remote needs, but I am interested in a power solution with passthrough.  Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be available yet.

Regarding car remotes: Griffin’s SmartDeck is the best car remote solution I’ve seen yet.  It just works.

Posted by Gordy on December 23, 2005 at 4:22 PM (PDT)

OK the two way remote sounds great BUT! is it justa regular foward/back, volume up/down, scan foward/back remote… or, since it has a screen and all, can you actually use it as a click wheel and fully navigate your ipod from a distance? I have been wating for something like that for quite a while. And if it’s not… what taking companies so long to come up with something like that?

Posted by Jeremy on December 24, 2005 at 8:50 AM (PDT)

This just proves that patience leads to great things.

Posted by MattPaintballer on December 24, 2005 at 2:45 PM (PDT)

Do we have any kind of timeframe for when these will be released?

Posted by Stephen on December 25, 2005 at 3:11 PM (PDT)

The iJet 2-way sounds like what I’ve been waiting for. At home, I usually leave my iPod docked and playing through my home system. The ability to control control it from anywhere in the house will be great. I plan to install HQ ceiling speakers in each room (with an on/off wall switch and/or motion detector switch) and with this, I’ll be able to have music anywhere in the house. Always wished I could listen while taking a shower!

Posted by mark on December 27, 2005 at 9:24 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >