Accessories trend poll ends, Apple iWatch poll begins
With approximately 900 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“What do you think the biggest trend in Apple accessories will be in 2013?”—has ended. With thousands of new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories and several major trends we noted from manufacturers at the 2013 International CES, we asked readers to let us know what they thought would be the biggest trend in the Apple accessory market in 2013.
Forty-nine percent of respondents felt that we would see more Lightning accessories this year, essentially continuing the trend of wired and dock-based iOS device accessories. A general trend toward Bluetooth accessories was suggested by 25% of those responding, with Bluetooth speakers at 14% and general Bluetooth accessories at 11%. Of the remaining responses, 12% felt the trend would move more toward specialized and niche products, 6% toward more premium cases, and 5% to more successful independent projects growing from places like Kickstarter. Only 3% of responses suspected fewer AirPlay speakers this year.
With serious rumours of an Apple iWatch beginning to surface, we’re wondering what you, our readers, would find the most compelling feature in such a device. Would it be standalone features such as media playback or GPS and navigation features or tighter integration with your iPhone or iPod touch by providing remote control, notification display or Siri interaction? Do your preferences lean toward the hope that it will simply be a timepiece with an elegant Apple industrial design?
Or do you generally eschew the whole idea of a “smart” watch? Our latest poll—“What feature would most compel you to buy an Apple iWatch?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number