Accessories trend poll ends, Apple iWatch poll begins
With approximately 900 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“What do you think the biggest trend in Apple accessories will be in 2013?”—has ended. With thousands of new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories and several major trends we noted from manufacturers at the 2013 International CES, we asked readers to let us know what they thought would be the biggest trend in the Apple accessory market in 2013.
Forty-nine percent of respondents felt that we would see more Lightning accessories this year, essentially continuing the trend of wired and dock-based iOS device accessories. A general trend toward Bluetooth accessories was suggested by 25% of those responding, with Bluetooth speakers at 14% and general Bluetooth accessories at 11%. Of the remaining responses, 12% felt the trend would move more toward specialized and niche products, 6% toward more premium cases, and 5% to more successful independent projects growing from places like Kickstarter. Only 3% of responses suspected fewer AirPlay speakers this year.
With serious rumours of an Apple iWatch beginning to surface, we’re wondering what you, our readers, would find the most compelling feature in such a device. Would it be standalone features such as media playback or GPS and navigation features or tighter integration with your iPhone or iPod touch by providing remote control, notification display or Siri interaction? Do your preferences lean toward the hope that it will simply be a timepiece with an elegant Apple industrial design?
Or do you generally eschew the whole idea of a “smart” watch? Our latest poll—“What feature would most compel you to buy an Apple iWatch?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac