Acrylic Times rebrands as Pulp, adds Magic Reader
Acrylic Software has released an update to its RSS reader for the iPad, adding several new features and renaming the application Pulp for iPad. Pulp provides iPad users with a customizable newspaper-style layout for reading RSS feeds, combining multiple feeds into a single page and allowing users to quickly scan through headlines, previews and photos. Users can create their own categories to separate feeds into newspaper-like pages and customize the column layout and presentation of information on each page. The application also includes support for importing feeds from Google Reader and sharing articles via e-mail and services such as Facebook and Twitter. Pulp 1.2 adds a new Magic Reader mode that allows users to view full stories from preview-only feeds presented in a clean iPad-friendly format. The update also redesigns the reading view to take better advantage of the iPad screen and provides full support for iOS 4.2 multitasking support. Pulp was originally released as Times and was renamed to Acrylic Times and then finally renamed to Pulp as a result of legal and trademark issues. Pulp for iPad is available from the App Store for $5.
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?