AdMob: iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 2G dominate iPhone OS usage
According to AdMob’s March 2010 Mobile Metrics Report (PDF Link), the iPhone 3GS and second-generation iPod touch combine to generate more than 60% of worldwide iPhone OS traffic on the AdMob network. The iPhone 3GS is the most popular iPhone OS device worldwide, representing 39% of iPhone OS traffic, followed by the second-generation iPod touch with 25%, the iPhone 3G with 20%, and the third-generation iPod touch with 12%. Notably, the first-generation iPhone and iPod touch represent only 4% of worldwide iPhone OS traffic share combined, or 2% each. In terms of iPhone OS version distribution, the two most recent versions of the software dominate, with iPhone OS 3.1.3 accounting for 44% of worldwide iPhone traffic, and iPhone OS 3.1.2 following closely behind with 42%. AdMob’s metrics are based on its advertising network of more than 18,000 mobile websites and applications around the world; in March 2010, AdMob received 6.1 billion requests from iPhone OS devices.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?