AirPlay poll ends, Apple media device polls begins
With over 1,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy AirPlay-compatible speakers?”—has ended. Readers were given a range of positive options, including yes they’d buy them, yes, they’d buy them but only if they carry a $25/$50/$100 or less price premium, as well as negative options including no, they don’t need wireless speakers, no, they aren’t interested, and no, they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV.
While votes were scattered across the seven choices, an overall majority of readers—54 percent—said they wouldn’t buy AirPlay speakers. Among the negative responses, 38 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they generally weren’t interested, while 32 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV, and 30% said they didn’t need wireless speakers. Out of the positive responses, 41 percent said they would buy AirPlay speakers, but only if they carry a $25 or less price premium over non-AirPlay sets. 25 percent wanted to see a $50 or less price premium before they’d buy, while 21 percent said they’d buy AirPlay speakers regardless of the price, and only five percent said they would buy them but only if the price premium over standard speakers is $100 or less. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s media playback products. We’d like to know which Apple media device is currently your primary playback device. Do you primarily use an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod touch, an iPod nano, or perhaps an iPod shuffle, iPod classic, or Apple TV? Our new poll, “What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- Apple working to turn HealthKit into diagnosis tool
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps