AirPlay poll ends, Apple media device polls begins
With over 1,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy AirPlay-compatible speakers?”—has ended. Readers were given a range of positive options, including yes they’d buy them, yes, they’d buy them but only if they carry a $25/$50/$100 or less price premium, as well as negative options including no, they don’t need wireless speakers, no, they aren’t interested, and no, they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV.
While votes were scattered across the seven choices, an overall majority of readers—54 percent—said they wouldn’t buy AirPlay speakers. Among the negative responses, 38 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they generally weren’t interested, while 32 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV, and 30% said they didn’t need wireless speakers. Out of the positive responses, 41 percent said they would buy AirPlay speakers, but only if they carry a $25 or less price premium over non-AirPlay sets. 25 percent wanted to see a $50 or less price premium before they’d buy, while 21 percent said they’d buy AirPlay speakers regardless of the price, and only five percent said they would buy them but only if the price premium over standard speakers is $100 or less. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s media playback products. We’d like to know which Apple media device is currently your primary playback device. Do you primarily use an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod touch, an iPod nano, or perhaps an iPod shuffle, iPod classic, or Apple TV? Our new poll, “What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?