AirPlay poll ends, Apple media device polls begins
With over 1,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy AirPlay-compatible speakers?”—has ended. Readers were given a range of positive options, including yes they’d buy them, yes, they’d buy them but only if they carry a $25/$50/$100 or less price premium, as well as negative options including no, they don’t need wireless speakers, no, they aren’t interested, and no, they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV.
While votes were scattered across the seven choices, an overall majority of readers—54 percent—said they wouldn’t buy AirPlay speakers. Among the negative responses, 38 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they generally weren’t interested, while 32 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV, and 30% said they didn’t need wireless speakers. Out of the positive responses, 41 percent said they would buy AirPlay speakers, but only if they carry a $25 or less price premium over non-AirPlay sets. 25 percent wanted to see a $50 or less price premium before they’d buy, while 21 percent said they’d buy AirPlay speakers regardless of the price, and only five percent said they would buy them but only if the price premium over standard speakers is $100 or less. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s media playback products. We’d like to know which Apple media device is currently your primary playback device. Do you primarily use an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod touch, an iPod nano, or perhaps an iPod shuffle, iPod classic, or Apple TV? Our new poll, “What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?