AirPlay poll ends, Apple media device polls begins
With over 1,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy AirPlay-compatible speakers?”—has ended. Readers were given a range of positive options, including yes they’d buy them, yes, they’d buy them but only if they carry a $25/$50/$100 or less price premium, as well as negative options including no, they don’t need wireless speakers, no, they aren’t interested, and no, they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV.
While votes were scattered across the seven choices, an overall majority of readers—54 percent—said they wouldn’t buy AirPlay speakers. Among the negative responses, 38 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they generally weren’t interested, while 32 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV, and 30% said they didn’t need wireless speakers. Out of the positive responses, 41 percent said they would buy AirPlay speakers, but only if they carry a $25 or less price premium over non-AirPlay sets. 25 percent wanted to see a $50 or less price premium before they’d buy, while 21 percent said they’d buy AirPlay speakers regardless of the price, and only five percent said they would buy them but only if the price premium over standard speakers is $100 or less. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s media playback products. We’d like to know which Apple media device is currently your primary playback device. Do you primarily use an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod touch, an iPod nano, or perhaps an iPod shuffle, iPod classic, or Apple TV? Our new poll, “What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Report: Apple to unveil iWatch with new iPhones on September 9
- iPhone 6 parts leak reveals front panel variation
- Bloomberg: Apple now plans 12.9” iPad for early 2015
- More new Apple TV channels: SVT Play in Sweden, NRK in Norway
- Showtime Anytime channel comes to Apple TV
- LA Unified School District suspends iPad contract
- iTunes Festival channel returns to Apple TV
- Apple launches iPhone 5 battery replacement program
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today