AirPlay poll ends, Apple media device polls begins
With over 1,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy AirPlay-compatible speakers?”—has ended. Readers were given a range of positive options, including yes they’d buy them, yes, they’d buy them but only if they carry a $25/$50/$100 or less price premium, as well as negative options including no, they don’t need wireless speakers, no, they aren’t interested, and no, they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV.
While votes were scattered across the seven choices, an overall majority of readers—54 percent—said they wouldn’t buy AirPlay speakers. Among the negative responses, 38 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they generally weren’t interested, while 32 percent said they wouldn’t buy because they already have an AirPort Express or Apple TV, and 30% said they didn’t need wireless speakers. Out of the positive responses, 41 percent said they would buy AirPlay speakers, but only if they carry a $25 or less price premium over non-AirPlay sets. 25 percent wanted to see a $50 or less price premium before they’d buy, while 21 percent said they’d buy AirPlay speakers regardless of the price, and only five percent said they would buy them but only if the price premium over standard speakers is $100 or less. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s media playback products. We’d like to know which Apple media device is currently your primary playback device. Do you primarily use an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod touch, an iPod nano, or perhaps an iPod shuffle, iPod classic, or Apple TV? Our new poll, “What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Apple to provide more unified TV experience with new ‘TV’ app for Apple TV
- Elgato announces HomeKit-enabled Eve Light Switch
- Apple delays AirPods release
- Report: iPhone 8 likely to come in three glass-backed sizes
- Report: New Apple TV app to provide show recommendations
- Apple’s German website adds Apple Pay support page, but still no launch
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2016: $46.9B revenue, 45.5M iPhones + 9.2M iPads sold
- Apple reportedly hiring engineers from BlackBerry, developing car operating system in Canada
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Creative iRoar Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 Headphones
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps