Alesis intros audio accessories for iPad, iPhone
Alesis has introduced three new audio accessories—the AmpDock, DM Dock, and AmpCase—for the iPad and iPhone. The AmpDock is a multi-effects guitar processor for the iPad, encasing the iPad while adding a rugged pedalboard controller, several on-board physical controls, a 1/4” high-impedance guitar input and a XLR-1/4” combo input, 1/4” outputs with Guitar/Mic and Ground Lift switches, a headphone output with volume control, and compatibility with most CoreMIDI apps, including GarageBand, AmpliTube, and JamUp. It should sell for a street price of $299.
The DM Dock is a similar-looking Drum Module Dock for the iPad, offering 13 1/4”, dual zone TRS trigger inputs, a 1/4” headphone jack, a 1/8” mix input for connecting other audio sources, traditional MIDI and USB MIDI connections, an assignable footswitch input, and the ability to charge the iPad while it’s docked. It should sell for around $249. Finally, the AmpCase is a headphone-maximizing amplifier and case combo for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Sporting a black and silver body, it offers open access to all of the iPhone’s ports and controls—save for the Dock Connector—on-board Alesis DSP technology, a dedicated volume control, and a mini-USB jack for charging the phone while it’s in the case. It will sell for $99; all three products are expected to launch in the second quarter of 2012.
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Nautilus announces HealthKit integration
- iLounge announces its Best of the Year Awards for 2014
- Jawbone announces UP3, UP Move fitness trackers
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 4
- Report: GT Advanced struggled with sapphire production
- Report: Apple plans to integrate Beats Music directly into iOS
- Apple plans to ‘repurpose’ Arizona manufacturing plant, save jobs
- Apple announces WatchKit software tools available to developers now
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M in pager technology settlement
- Apple opens up Lightning port to third-party manufacturers, begins accepting HomeKit plans
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Logitech Keys-to-Go For iPad
- IvySkin Renegade for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Infinity Infinity One Wireless Speaker
- Twelve South PlugBug World iPad/iPhone Charger
- Pelican Protector for iPhone 6 and Voyager for iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Flip for iPhone 6
- Griffin Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0