Alesis intros audio accessories for iPad, iPhone
Alesis has introduced three new audio accessories—the AmpDock, DM Dock, and AmpCase—for the iPad and iPhone. The AmpDock is a multi-effects guitar processor for the iPad, encasing the iPad while adding a rugged pedalboard controller, several on-board physical controls, a 1/4” high-impedance guitar input and a XLR-1/4” combo input, 1/4” outputs with Guitar/Mic and Ground Lift switches, a headphone output with volume control, and compatibility with most CoreMIDI apps, including GarageBand, AmpliTube, and JamUp. It should sell for a street price of $299.
The DM Dock is a similar-looking Drum Module Dock for the iPad, offering 13 1/4”, dual zone TRS trigger inputs, a 1/4” headphone jack, a 1/8” mix input for connecting other audio sources, traditional MIDI and USB MIDI connections, an assignable footswitch input, and the ability to charge the iPad while it’s docked. It should sell for around $249. Finally, the AmpCase is a headphone-maximizing amplifier and case combo for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Sporting a black and silver body, it offers open access to all of the iPhone’s ports and controls—save for the Dock Connector—on-board Alesis DSP technology, a dedicated volume control, and a mini-USB jack for charging the phone while it’s in the case. It will sell for $99; all three products are expected to launch in the second quarter of 2012.
- Withings unveils Activité fitness tracking watch
- Adobe intros Ink and Slide iPad accessories, new apps
- Adonit releases Jot Touch with Pixelpoint stylus
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Parrot announces MiniDrone release dates, pricing
- Report: Apple plans Lightning cable MFi headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks