Alesis intros audio accessories for iPad, iPhone
Alesis has introduced three new audio accessories—the AmpDock, DM Dock, and AmpCase—for the iPad and iPhone. The AmpDock is a multi-effects guitar processor for the iPad, encasing the iPad while adding a rugged pedalboard controller, several on-board physical controls, a 1/4” high-impedance guitar input and a XLR-1/4” combo input, 1/4” outputs with Guitar/Mic and Ground Lift switches, a headphone output with volume control, and compatibility with most CoreMIDI apps, including GarageBand, AmpliTube, and JamUp. It should sell for a street price of $299.
The DM Dock is a similar-looking Drum Module Dock for the iPad, offering 13 1/4”, dual zone TRS trigger inputs, a 1/4” headphone jack, a 1/8” mix input for connecting other audio sources, traditional MIDI and USB MIDI connections, an assignable footswitch input, and the ability to charge the iPad while it’s docked. It should sell for around $249. Finally, the AmpCase is a headphone-maximizing amplifier and case combo for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Sporting a black and silver body, it offers open access to all of the iPhone’s ports and controls—save for the Dock Connector—on-board Alesis DSP technology, a dedicated volume control, and a mini-USB jack for charging the phone while it’s in the case. It will sell for $99; all three products are expected to launch in the second quarter of 2012.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Incipio acquires ClamCase
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?