Alesis intros audio accessories for iPad, iPhone
Alesis has introduced three new audio accessories—the AmpDock, DM Dock, and AmpCase—for the iPad and iPhone. The AmpDock is a multi-effects guitar processor for the iPad, encasing the iPad while adding a rugged pedalboard controller, several on-board physical controls, a 1/4” high-impedance guitar input and a XLR-1/4” combo input, 1/4” outputs with Guitar/Mic and Ground Lift switches, a headphone output with volume control, and compatibility with most CoreMIDI apps, including GarageBand, AmpliTube, and JamUp. It should sell for a street price of $299.
The DM Dock is a similar-looking Drum Module Dock for the iPad, offering 13 1/4”, dual zone TRS trigger inputs, a 1/4” headphone jack, a 1/8” mix input for connecting other audio sources, traditional MIDI and USB MIDI connections, an assignable footswitch input, and the ability to charge the iPad while it’s docked. It should sell for around $249. Finally, the AmpCase is a headphone-maximizing amplifier and case combo for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Sporting a black and silver body, it offers open access to all of the iPhone’s ports and controls—save for the Dock Connector—on-board Alesis DSP technology, a dedicated volume control, and a mini-USB jack for charging the phone while it’s in the case. It will sell for $99; all three products are expected to launch in the second quarter of 2012.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015