Alesis unveils new iPod audio equipment
Alesis, has introduced three new iPod-compatible audio products, including a new PA system and two new recording devices. The TransActive Mobile is a portable PA system with an integrated iPod Dock. It features features a rechargeable 12-hour battery, aluminum construction, a high-efficiency amplifier, the ability to use music from the iPod as a backing track for attached instruments, and four inputs for connecting microphones, electric or bass guitars, keyboards or CD/MP3 players. TransActive Mobile also includes a professional-quality microphone, and is available now for $599.
The Alesis iMultiMix 16 USB is a tabletop mixer and recorder that features 100 28–bit digital effects, a built–in limiter, and an integrated iPod dock with control wheel transport controls for direct–to–iPod recording. Other features include iPod playback w/mixing capability, four high-gain mic/line preamps, 48V phantom power, 16-Bit / 44.1kHz and 48kHz recording to computer, two guitar mic/line inputs, aux sends and returns, and a 3-band per channel EQ with high/low shelving and mid band pass/reject. The iMultiMix 16 USB includes Steinberg Cubase LE 4 recording software, and will be available in Q2 for $799.
Finally, the Alesis MultiPort is a compact standalone recorder for the iPod. It features built-in level meters, headphone monitoring, integrated iPod controls, balanced inputs, 1/4” stereo outputs, and phantom power. It can also playback from the iPod while recording, and is compatible with iPod classic, fifth-generation iPods, and second- and third-generation iPod nanos. The Alesis MultiPort will also be available in Q2; pricing has yet to be determined.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks