Alesis unveils new iPod audio equipment
Alesis, has introduced three new iPod-compatible audio products, including a new PA system and two new recording devices. The TransActive Mobile is a portable PA system with an integrated iPod Dock. It features features a rechargeable 12-hour battery, aluminum construction, a high-efficiency amplifier, the ability to use music from the iPod as a backing track for attached instruments, and four inputs for connecting microphones, electric or bass guitars, keyboards or CD/MP3 players. TransActive Mobile also includes a professional-quality microphone, and is available now for $599.
The Alesis iMultiMix 16 USB is a tabletop mixer and recorder that features 100 28–bit digital effects, a built–in limiter, and an integrated iPod dock with control wheel transport controls for direct–to–iPod recording. Other features include iPod playback w/mixing capability, four high-gain mic/line preamps, 48V phantom power, 16-Bit / 44.1kHz and 48kHz recording to computer, two guitar mic/line inputs, aux sends and returns, and a 3-band per channel EQ with high/low shelving and mid band pass/reject. The iMultiMix 16 USB includes Steinberg Cubase LE 4 recording software, and will be available in Q2 for $799.
Finally, the Alesis MultiPort is a compact standalone recorder for the iPod. It features built-in level meters, headphone monitoring, integrated iPod controls, balanced inputs, 1/4” stereo outputs, and phantom power. It can also playback from the iPod while recording, and is compatible with iPod classic, fifth-generation iPods, and second- and third-generation iPod nanos. The Alesis MultiPort will also be available in Q2; pricing has yet to be determined.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0