Alesis unveils new iPod audio equipment
Alesis, has introduced three new iPod-compatible audio products, including a new PA system and two new recording devices. The TransActive Mobile is a portable PA system with an integrated iPod Dock. It features features a rechargeable 12-hour battery, aluminum construction, a high-efficiency amplifier, the ability to use music from the iPod as a backing track for attached instruments, and four inputs for connecting microphones, electric or bass guitars, keyboards or CD/MP3 players. TransActive Mobile also includes a professional-quality microphone, and is available now for $599.
The Alesis iMultiMix 16 USB is a tabletop mixer and recorder that features 100 28–bit digital effects, a built–in limiter, and an integrated iPod dock with control wheel transport controls for direct–to–iPod recording. Other features include iPod playback w/mixing capability, four high-gain mic/line preamps, 48V phantom power, 16-Bit / 44.1kHz and 48kHz recording to computer, two guitar mic/line inputs, aux sends and returns, and a 3-band per channel EQ with high/low shelving and mid band pass/reject. The iMultiMix 16 USB includes Steinberg Cubase LE 4 recording software, and will be available in Q2 for $799.
Finally, the Alesis MultiPort is a compact standalone recorder for the iPod. It features built-in level meters, headphone monitoring, integrated iPod controls, balanced inputs, 1/4” stereo outputs, and phantom power. It can also playback from the iPod while recording, and is compatible with iPod classic, fifth-generation iPods, and second- and third-generation iPod nanos. The Alesis MultiPort will also be available in Q2; pricing has yet to be determined.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12