ALK upgrades legacy CoPilot Live users
ALK Technologies had released an update to its original CoPilot Live series of applications, providing users with a much-delayed, albeit free upgrade offering the features introduced in last year’s new CoPilot Live Premium app. Last summer, ALK revamped its CoPilot Live series of apps, splitting them into a separate Premium and Standard tier and releasing them as separate and entirely new applications. The new Premium application was initially sold at a discount in consideration of users who had already purchased the prior version, but still required users to spend money to purchase what was essentially an upgrade and install it as an entirely new application. Further, users of the original applications who chose not to purchase the new Premium version were left with outdated map data.
The new update to the original CoPilot Live applications now provides users with a free upgrade to the new generation of CoPilot Live applications along with an update to the most current 2011 Q4 map data. New features include a redesigned and more intuitive user interface, support for alternate routes, drag-and-drop route editing, speed limit displays and warnings, lane indicator and signpost information and integration with Wikipedia and Bing Local Search for finding points of interest and looking up additional information about them. The upgrade also preserves data such as favourites, recents and subscriptions for existing users. Although the original CoPilot Live applications remain available for sale on the App Store, new users should purchase the CoPilot Live Premium apps, which are available in a number of region-specific apps with prices ranging from $20-$60 for the iPhone only versions depending on the region; universal “HD” versions are also available in the $25-$70 price range.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?