Alpine debuts eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth
Alpine Electronics has introduced its eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth. First appearing in our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide, the eX-10 is a dash-top solution for iPod playback and Bluetooth connectivity that works with the vehicle’s factory system. It consists of a no-installation display unit that sits on top of the dash, a remote control and a power module that plugs into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter. Sound from the eX-10, which offers full iPod control, a 2.4-inch display, album art support, and A2DP and AVRCP support for Bluetooth stereo audio devices, is output via the built-in FM transmitter, or through the unit’s line output jack. The eX-10 can also control a Bluetooth-enabled phone or device, allowing for a hands-free conversation to be played through the car’s speakers.
“The demand for iPod and Bluetooth in the car is skyrocketing, and consumers previously have not been able to integrate these technologies into their existing sound systems through one product. With Alpine’s new eX-10, consumers can easily add both iPod music playback and Bluetooth hands-free operation for cell phones into their vehicles with one simple, add-on solution,” said Stephen Witt, vice president of marketing, Alpine Electronics. The Alpine eX10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth will be available in late November and will sell for $200.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0