Alpine debuts eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth
Alpine Electronics has introduced its eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth. First appearing in our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide, the eX-10 is a dash-top solution for iPod playback and Bluetooth connectivity that works with the vehicle’s factory system. It consists of a no-installation display unit that sits on top of the dash, a remote control and a power module that plugs into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter. Sound from the eX-10, which offers full iPod control, a 2.4-inch display, album art support, and A2DP and AVRCP support for Bluetooth stereo audio devices, is output via the built-in FM transmitter, or through the unit’s line output jack. The eX-10 can also control a Bluetooth-enabled phone or device, allowing for a hands-free conversation to be played through the car’s speakers.
“The demand for iPod and Bluetooth in the car is skyrocketing, and consumers previously have not been able to integrate these technologies into their existing sound systems through one product. With Alpine’s new eX-10, consumers can easily add both iPod music playback and Bluetooth hands-free operation for cell phones into their vehicles with one simple, add-on solution,” said Stephen Witt, vice president of marketing, Alpine Electronics. The Alpine eX10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth will be available in late November and will sell for $200.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?