Alpine debuts eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth
Alpine Electronics has introduced its eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth. First appearing in our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide, the eX-10 is a dash-top solution for iPod playback and Bluetooth connectivity that works with the vehicle’s factory system. It consists of a no-installation display unit that sits on top of the dash, a remote control and a power module that plugs into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter. Sound from the eX-10, which offers full iPod control, a 2.4-inch display, album art support, and A2DP and AVRCP support for Bluetooth stereo audio devices, is output via the built-in FM transmitter, or through the unit’s line output jack. The eX-10 can also control a Bluetooth-enabled phone or device, allowing for a hands-free conversation to be played through the car’s speakers.
“The demand for iPod and Bluetooth in the car is skyrocketing, and consumers previously have not been able to integrate these technologies into their existing sound systems through one product. With Alpine’s new eX-10, consumers can easily add both iPod music playback and Bluetooth hands-free operation for cell phones into their vehicles with one simple, add-on solution,” said Stephen Witt, vice president of marketing, Alpine Electronics. The Alpine eX10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth will be available in late November and will sell for $200.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today