Alpine debuts eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth
Alpine Electronics has introduced its eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth. First appearing in our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide, the eX-10 is a dash-top solution for iPod playback and Bluetooth connectivity that works with the vehicle’s factory system. It consists of a no-installation display unit that sits on top of the dash, a remote control and a power module that plugs into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter. Sound from the eX-10, which offers full iPod control, a 2.4-inch display, album art support, and A2DP and AVRCP support for Bluetooth stereo audio devices, is output via the built-in FM transmitter, or through the unit’s line output jack. The eX-10 can also control a Bluetooth-enabled phone or device, allowing for a hands-free conversation to be played through the car’s speakers.
“The demand for iPod and Bluetooth in the car is skyrocketing, and consumers previously have not been able to integrate these technologies into their existing sound systems through one product. With Alpine’s new eX-10, consumers can easily add both iPod music playback and Bluetooth hands-free operation for cell phones into their vehicles with one simple, add-on solution,” said Stephen Witt, vice president of marketing, Alpine Electronics. The Alpine eX10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth will be available in late November and will sell for $200.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?