Alpine intros KCE-415i adapter for video iPods | iLounge News

Alpine intros KCE-415i adapter for video iPods

image

Alpine has introduced a new in-vehicle interface adapter that connects a fifth-generation iPod to an Alpine video monitor, enabling users to play and watch videos stored on the device. The Alpine KCE-415i adapter can control an iPod through an Alpine head unit or remote control, and also charges a connected iPod automatically. The adapter is compatible with the following Alpine monitors: TME-M860, TME-M770S, IVA-D100R/RB, IVA-D310R/RB, IVA-W200Ri, PKG-2000P, and PKG-1000P. Pricing was not immediately available. It’s also not clear when the KCE-415i adapter will be available in the U.S. [via Engadget]

« MTV adds more programming to iTunes Music Store

Speck debuts MobileTune FM transmitter/charger »

Comments

if it’s easy to search through the ipod’s files then i will be emptying the penny jar for this baby with an iva w200 screen!!!!!

Posted by ryan on June 28, 2006 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

If it’s anything like my Alpine and iPod Adaptor, it will be impossible to search. I find it easier, and safer, to disconnect my iPod, search for the right playlist by hand, play and Pause and then hook it back up to the Alpine.
Maybe with a Full Monitor Display they may be able to emulate the iPod GUI better, but I won’t hold my breath. Alpine have Great sound but lousy UI’s.

Posted by Daniel Woods on June 28, 2006 at 1:58 PM (PDT)

I have the Alpine 9857 with KCE-422i connection and I personally don’t think its that bad. Most of my music is divided up into playlists anyway. Even searching for Artist or Album is a bit round a bout but you get the hang of it.

Posted by Wil on June 28, 2006 at 2:51 PM (PDT)

Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap…...........

I’ve got no excuses now!!!!!!!

I’ve been wanting the IVA-W200 head unit, and if this allows for video support, then I guess its off to my Alpine dealer.

Posted by jwc110869 on June 28, 2006 at 3:37 PM (PDT)

If its anything like their old version I wont be buying….anyone know what head units are able to use it?

Posted by Matt Bottomley on July 4, 2006 at 9:29 AM (PDT)

I boguht this cord when I boguht my Pioneer AVH P3100 headunit. Amazon and Pioneer make it seem like you NEED to have this cord in order to work an iPod with your headunit FALSE! You can simply use the white Apple cord that came with your iPod, or go to Radio Shack and buy a cord for $3 that does the same exact thing! Besides, the cord works absolutely fine for my iPod Nano, but when I plug in my girlfriend’s iPhone, it takes a while for it to recognize it, then while playing, it often skips the songs, and chunks of the song go silent. It’s like it’s always fill-in-the-blank to the song when the iPhone is connected! Anyways, don’t make the same mistake I made by buying this for $50 when you can get another cord with the same function for so much cheaper..

Posted by Joe on January 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM (PDT)