Altec Lansing debuts new iPod sound systems
Altec Lansing has announced three new sound systems for iPod, including one with iPhone compatibility and another with a wireless dock. The inMotion Max is a portable sound system for iPod and iPhone featuring a built-in dock, dual two-inch full range drivers and dual two-inch passive radiators, Xdb bass enhancement and ESS sound processing technology, an RDS-capable FM tuner, auxiliary input, a Li-ion rechargeable battery offering up to 3.5 hours of playing time, alarm clock functionality, and an included remote control. The inMotion Max will be available in October for $200.
The inMotion Moondance GLOW is a stereo alarm clock for iPod, offering a multicolor mood lighting bar in the rear and a wireless snooze remote that allows the user to place the main unit away from the bed. Other features include a built-in dock, FM tuner with RDS, two three-inch full-range drivers, an auxiliary input, and included remote control, and dual alarms. Altec Lansing’s inMotion Moondance GLOW will also be available in October, and will sell for $180.
Finally, the M812 is a new wireless speaker system for iPod featuring a 100-foot range. The M812’s main speaker unit offers 80 watts of continuous power for its two four-inch woofers and one-inch silk dome tweeters and a slender design that allows it to be mounted on a wall. Other features include an auxiliary input, a transmitter iPod base with dock and built-in FM tuner, and an IR remote control. The Altec Lansing M812 wireless speaker system for iPod will sell for $400; release information has yet to be announced.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks