Altec Lansing debuts new iPod sound systems
Altec Lansing has announced three new sound systems for iPod, including one with iPhone compatibility and another with a wireless dock. The inMotion Max is a portable sound system for iPod and iPhone featuring a built-in dock, dual two-inch full range drivers and dual two-inch passive radiators, Xdb bass enhancement and ESS sound processing technology, an RDS-capable FM tuner, auxiliary input, a Li-ion rechargeable battery offering up to 3.5 hours of playing time, alarm clock functionality, and an included remote control. The inMotion Max will be available in October for $200.
The inMotion Moondance GLOW is a stereo alarm clock for iPod, offering a multicolor mood lighting bar in the rear and a wireless snooze remote that allows the user to place the main unit away from the bed. Other features include a built-in dock, FM tuner with RDS, two three-inch full-range drivers, an auxiliary input, and included remote control, and dual alarms. Altec Lansing’s inMotion Moondance GLOW will also be available in October, and will sell for $180.
Finally, the M812 is a new wireless speaker system for iPod featuring a 100-foot range. The M812’s main speaker unit offers 80 watts of continuous power for its two four-inch woofers and one-inch silk dome tweeters and a slender design that allows it to be mounted on a wall. Other features include an auxiliary input, a transmitter iPod base with dock and built-in FM tuner, and an IR remote control. The Altec Lansing M812 wireless speaker system for iPod will sell for $400; release information has yet to be announced.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0