Altec Lansing debuts Octiv Duo speaker, Muzx earphones
Altec Lansing has debuted its Octiv Duo speaker system for the iPod and iPhone as well as new additions to its line of Muzx earphones. The wedge-shaped Octiv Duo features two top-mounted Docks for charging and playing two devices at once, a built-in USB port for charging a third device, an auxiliary input, a full-featured remote, and compatibility with the company’s Music Mix app for shuffling songs between the two docked devices and the Alarm Rock app for adding alarm clock functionality. The Altec Lansing Octiv Duo will be available in October and is priced at $100.
Altec’s new Muzx earphone lineup includes three models—Muzx Ultra, Muzx Extra, and Muzx Core. Muzx Ultra features an in-ear design with a single balanced armature in each bud, up to 26 dB of passive noise isolation, an in-line remote and mic, a 46-inch cable, a gold-plated 3.5mm jack, and an included eight-piece fitting kit and carrying case. The Muzx Core features 10mm Neodymium drivers and an in-line remote, while the Muzx Extra offers a more bass-heavy sound signature and a full-featured in-line remote and mic. Altec Lansing’s new Muzx Ultra and Muzx Extra earphones will be available in October and will sell for $100 and $50, respectively, while the Muzx Core earphones are available now and sell for $30.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?