Altec Lansing introduces inMotion iM3 | iLounge News

Altec Lansing introduces inMotion iM3

picAltec Lansing has released an update to its inMotion speakers for iPod named the inMotion iM3 Portable Audio System. The iM3 features: travel alarm clock when used with iPod; built-in docking station for charging and syncing; four custom-designed neodymium 28 mm micro drivers; MaxxBass(R) technology; wireless remote and built-in controls; 24 hours of continuous playback with four AA batteries; auto shut-down; and secondary input jack to connect other audio devices, including laptops, older iPods, and other MP3 players (cable included). The iM3 is available now at Apple Stores and Apple Store online for $179.00 and direct from Altec Lansing for $179.95.

« Piel Frama announces leather case for 40GB 4G iPod

Mac/Windows: PodGourmet 1.0 released »

Comments

awesome!! i love my original and this one has a remote also?  fantastic, even if price seems a bit steep.  May have to wait for it to come down a bit.

Posted by alexcue on August 24, 2004 at 10:04 AM (CDT)

Sam here.
I wish there was a picture of the remote. I would go and get it but I think the price is too steep. Maybe when other portable speakers come along the price may come down to compete with other vendors.
Keeping my fingers cross!

Posted by djjasman on August 24, 2004 at 10:27 AM (CDT)

I meant “Same Here”.. not “Sam Here”.
Who is Sam anyways!

Posted by djjasman on August 24, 2004 at 10:28 AM (CDT)

Yeah, these look cool, but they are proud of them.

I’m Sam, if you were wondering.

Posted by sam on August 24, 2004 at 10:31 AM (CDT)

Looks cool. but come on… Raise the Price?!?!

150 was too much for that thing..

Posted by ed on August 24, 2004 at 10:41 AM (CDT)

Does Altec Lansing have license to rock this hard? Kind of frustrating, because now I want to upgrade.

Posted by just browsing on August 24, 2004 at 3:27 PM (CDT)

Man, you gotta give it up to Altec Lansing.  From selling $5 buck computer speakers back in the day to selling $180 computer speakers for an ipod.

Wish I woulda thought of that.

Posted by whew on August 24, 2004 at 6:53 PM (CDT)

getting mine soon

Posted by Brayeta on August 24, 2004 at 9:44 PM (CDT)

A thing that big and still no radio….. great.

Posted by radio.... please on August 24, 2004 at 10:53 PM (CDT)

Posted by Nathan on August 24, 2004 at 11:45 PM (CDT)

yeah, but if you’re paying $180 for this - you might as well DEMAND a radio also.  (would you rather pay $180 or $185 and have two different things?)

Posted by Gonzo on August 24, 2004 at 11:55 PM (CDT)

i’d rather pay 185 and get an im3 with a built in radio then :o)

Posted by psy on August 25, 2004 at 7:24 AM (CDT)

you’d pay that much for a radio? it has a sound in, just get a cheap pocket thing - i found one next to the golf course by my house for free, and that’s done me fine.

when will these be in europe? my birthdays september 13, will they make it?
also, do they charge the ipod from the batteries in the IM3, or work as a backup battery pack, or not? it would be way cool if they could, id pay for one like that with ipod-charging capabilities.

-Pete-

Posted by Peter Burkimsher on August 25, 2004 at 8:24 AM (CDT)

I just bought the old one this weekend at Best Buy—anyone know their return policy?

Posted by oh no! on August 25, 2004 at 8:42 AM (CDT)

Oh no—you will have no problem returning it to them with the receipt. I returned one last week when I heard about the new system for the mini.

Has anyone seen this in an Apple store yet? I want one NOW for a business trip next week.

Posted by Paul on August 25, 2004 at 12:43 PM (CDT)

“why is there always someone who demands a radio in everything? You can buy a radio for $5!”

And why there someone always ask for an iPod to have games, address book, calendar, video player, wireless capability. Cuz it can be done easily.

In addition, radio cost nothing today. The smallest radio receiver unit in the world is a size of a dime. RadioShace have one that would fit on a palm of your hand. $180 for this without a radio. Please.

Oh, well. In a couple of month, Altec Lansing will come out with a radio built in unit for $250. Then they will get more money that way.

Posted by oh yes! on August 25, 2004 at 1:38 PM (CDT)

can i buy it online? with international shiping?
somewhere

Posted by asd on August 25, 2004 at 1:54 PM (CDT)

I was actually checking out the current Altec Lansing InMotion unit today.  I thought that something was missing from the sound…the bass!  Hopefully the new IM3 will have a better overall sound.

Posted by tekkan on August 25, 2004 at 4:34 PM (CDT)

I want to know if this works with the 3rd generation (20gig) iPod.  I know it would work with the cable thing but i would rather plug it in like the old Altec Lansing InMotion because that looks a whole lot better than have a wire connected to it

Posted by devin on August 25, 2004 at 5:11 PM (CDT)

Did someone ask for a radio?

Check this out:

I’d prefer this to the inMotion! As long as its cheaper…

Posted by Tech-whizZ in Singapore on August 26, 2004 at 2:50 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >