Altec Lansing unveils Upgrader headphones for iPhone
Altec Lansing has introduced its new Upgrader series of headphones for MP3 players and multimedia phones, including the iPhone. The series — offered with (UHS) and without (UHP) a microphone — includes the UHS 302, UHS 306, and UHS 307, all of which sport microphones and a “convertible” adapter developed to connect with the iPhone and other mobile phones. The UHP 306, UHP 336, UHP 101 and UHP 301 all feature in-ear designs with silicon tips or pads that conform to the unique shape of ears and provide all day comfort. The UHS 306 offers the same sound quality and custom fit, and also features an inline volume control and microphone for switching between phones calls and music.
The Upgrader Series also includes two over-the-ear designs, the UHP 405 that features booming surround sound (optimized for gaming) and UHP 805 that includes active noise-cancellation technology, perfect for airplanes. In addition, the UHP 303, UHP 302, UHP 304, UHS 307, and UHS 302 all offer AirFit designs that offer moisture resistance, and all but the UHS 307 offer breathable ear pads — the UHS 307 offers washable silicone ear tips, an inline volume control and microphone with mute switch, and a spring steel ear hanger, which it shares with the UHP 302. The UHP 304 uses an over-the-head fit with a dual titanium headband. Altec Lansing’s Upgrader Series will be available in August 2007.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?