Altec shows new AirPlay, docking speakers
Altec Lansing is showing a pair of new speaker systems at the IFA show in Berlin, according to Engadget. The inAir 5000 is a tabletop AirPlay speaker featuring a teardrop design and 110 watts of total power, but lacking the built-in dock of the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin line with which it is likely to compete. The second system is the iMT630 Classic. It offers a retractable dock, a built-in stand on the back, and a magnetic remote control that can be secured to the unit’s metal front grill for safe keeping. Neither price nor availability information has been released for either system.
Update: Altec has released details of its inMotion iMT630 speaker system for the iPhone and iPod. Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that lasts for up to seven hours, the 630 features an integrated dock, dual two-inch drivers, an included wireless remote with dedicated magnetic storage space, and compatibility with Altec Lansing’s free iOS apps. Altec Lansing’s inMotion iMT630 speaker system for the iPhone and iPod is available in a black Classic model or in red or teal Sport models and sells for $150.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?